The "You know what?" thread

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Burns actually looks hip in polyester. Can't see Winchester gettin' down.
No, me either. Frank would have wanted to try to fit in . . . Charles on the other hand, he would definitely have dismissed disco culture altogether as another example of just how far western civilization had crumbled into a bohemian nightmare.

Plus, the record was released while Burns was still on the show, so it seems to fit better anyway.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
My nana died tonight, and . . . I honestly don't really know how I feel about it. I was never particularly close to her, and she really wasn't like the kind of cookie-baking, cheek-pinching, slobbery-kissing grandmothers you saw on TV (and she could be really, really strict with both my mom and aunt when they were growing up). On top of that, it was kind of inevitable this day was coming eventually: she's been in a nurse home with dementia for the past several years, so it's really been a slow decline, and it was obvious she was living on borrowed time. But, she's still family, so it's still sad just the same.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
My nana died tonight, and . . . I honestly don't really know how I feel about it. I was never particularly close to her, and she really wasn't like the kind of cookie-baking, cheek-pinching, slobbery-kissing grandmothers you saw on TV (and she could be really, really strict with both my mom and aunt when they were growing up). On top of that, it was kind of inevitable this day was coming eventually: she's been in a nurse home with dementia for the past several years, so it's really been a slow decline, and it was obvious she was living on borrowed time. But, she's still family, so it's still sad just the same.
Sorry for your loss. My grandmother died 5 years ago as a matter of fact.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I've found that I've somehow managed to do a passable job puppeteering with my left hand - or, at least, I can lip sync better with my left hand than I used to be able to (not sure if I can work rods with my right hand, because it's like my right hand can't compute that, lol), even though it obviously still doesn't feel natural like it does with my right hand, but I mean if I had to puppeteer with my left hand, I can at least do it now.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
I've found that I've somehow managed to do a passable job puppeteering with my left hand - or, at least, I can lip sync better with my left hand than I used to be able to (not sure if I can work rods with my right hand, because it's like my right hand can't compute that, lol), even though it obviously still doesn't feel natural like it does with my right hand, but I mean if I had to puppeteer with my left hand, I can at least do it now.
Yeah, same. I've been practicing with my left hand and can do a pretty passable job. The only problem is, my left arm isn't strong enough to stay up in the air nearly as long as my right.

Froggy Fool

Reaction score
Wow, I'm the exact opposite. Make me puppeteer with my left hand and the puppet looks like one out of those crappy Christian public access shows, lol.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
That's what it was like for me way back when . . . it brought home the point Caroll Spinney once made that, "Your left hand is stupid when you're right-handed." But, I suppose like with almost anything else, if you keep practicing and trying your best, you can eventually get good enough to pass.

Froggy Fool

Reaction score
That's what it was like for me way back when . . . it brought home the point Caroll Spinney once made that, "Your left hand is stupid when you're right-handed." But, I suppose like with almost anything else, if you keep practicing and trying your best, you can eventually get good enough to pass.
I guess I just never saw the point in learning how to puppeteer with my left hand when people at Henson and Sesame Workshop don't really focus on that kind of thing. But I'm in the process of writing a script with a character who is supposed to be puppeteered horribly so I'll use my left hand for that I guess.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Well I know at some point during the mid-70s, Jerry Nelson had a shoulder injury and he had to perform left-handed at the time (such as in the "Sex and Violence" TMS pilot). That's just a random example I can think of.

Froggy Fool

Reaction score
Oh really? I hadn't noticed that he was using his left hand in that.