The "You know what?" thread

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I know that response was meant in jest, Rocko is a perfect example of the kind of cartoons I prefered (which is ironic, considering SpongeBob creator Stephen Hillenberg was heavily involved with Rocko, particularly toward the end as Joe Murray's involvement diminished). Sure, it could be absurd, but it had some really clever and sharp writing, and it's one of the few cartoons of its day to have some minor character development overtime (which Nickelodeon actually frowned upon, and even wanted to call off Filburt and Dr. Hutchison's wedding because of it).

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
In fairness, I could also say Ren and Stimpy easily has the same humor as SpongeBob.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
You know what I really hate?

When you're in an area, it smells horrible, and then you move somewhere else, but it carries over like a poopy diaper.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Been sayin' it for years; been sayin' it for years. . . .

I said SpongeBob was such a stupid show that it killed brain cells, but did anyone listen to me? Noooo . . . they said I was the stupid one for not liking SpongeBob.
I feel like this isn't specifically tied to SpongeBob; it could be attributed to any cartoon. SpongeBob just happened to be what they used.

I disagree. (Pre-Movie) SpongeBob is some of the best animated comedy out there, if not just regular comedy. The AV Club has a great article about it that I would just steal talking points from.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Yeah, @D'Snowth normally when someone says they don't like something that I like it's usually whatever, but in this case if you didn't like SpongeBob when you first saw it (assuming you haven't seen it in years) I definitely recommend checking it out again with fresh eyes.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
That kinda reminds me.

As a teenager.... I used to really dislike Naruto when it was on CN's Toonami. Mostly because I just wasn't really into ninja stuff and Japanese culture.

Years later, my thoughts have changed and now that I've actually noticed how dark the anime can be... It's become one of my favorite animes.... In spite of all the filler which can easily be skipped over.

I'm also thinking of giving Avatar: the last Airbender a chance because I also used to really dislike it as well back in the day.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
I'm also thinking of giving Avatar: the last Airbender a chance because I also used to really dislike it as well back in the day.
Oh man, I hate to overhype but definitely check that out! That is one of my favorite shows of all-time, and one of the best western animated shows ever.
:excited:

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Oh man, I hate to overhype but definitely check that out! That is one of my favorite shows of all-time, and one of the best western animated shows ever.
:excited:
It's on my to do list, for sure. I think what mostly turned me off was Aang... I dunno, I found him to be kind of annoying. :smirk: but then again, I was also very judgemental back in the day.