1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

These are a few of my favorite things...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Beauregard, Jan 10, 2005.

1. wwfpooh

wwfpooh New Member

*see signature for my fav TV shows, a lot of 'em cartoons*
  2. Anij

Anij New Member

A few things about me

Favorite color: orange and green

Favorite Henson characters: Hoggle, Kermit (because he's green)

Favorite food: pizza, pasta, burgers... everything doctors tell you it's unhealthy

I don't smoke and I don't drink alcohol.

Favorite movie/TV-Show: Labyrinth, Star Trek, Muppet Show (unfortunately it's not so often on TV over here in Germany), The Simpsons, You've Got Mail, Grumpy Old Men, Groundhog Day, Mr. Bean

Favorite actors: Tom Hanks, Jack Lemmon, Walter Matthau, Brent Spiner, Bill Murray, Rowan Atkinson

Favorite authors: Christopher Moore, Frank Schätzing, Cornelia Funke, Cecelia Ahern, Thomas Harris, Michael Crichton, Michael Ende, Terry Pratchet

Favorite music: David Bowie, Queen, Elton John, Alanis Morissette, Bon Jovi, REM

I work in the laboratory of a factory that produces paint and coatings.

General interest in: Chemistry, science, astronomy, biology, animals, nature
    I have two guinea-pigs.
    I collect minerals and stones.
    I "work" voluntarily in our local zoo, the Wilhelma, in my free time without payment. I guide the visitors and tell them about the animals, the plants and the history of the park.

Well, so much about me for the moment. Hope my English wasn't too bad.
    GopherCoffee likes this.
  3. wwfpooh

wwfpooh New Member

Me either. Being straight-edge has its advantages.
    GopherCoffee likes this.
  4. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

Are you bragging?
    GopherCoffee likes this.
  5. wwfpooh

wwfpooh New Member

No. I am stating that being the way I am is best for me. Yes, it has its advantages, but a lot of things--good or bad--do.
    GopherCoffee likes this.
  6. Yva Minstrel

Yva Minstrel New Member

Hi everyone,

Here's my list.

Favorite color: forest green

Favorite Henson characters: Cantus, Mokey, Sweetums, Robin, and Ernie.:p

Favorite food: Chocolate (it's a weakness), cheese enchiladas, and chef's salad. I'm not vegetarian but most of my favorite foods have no meat in them.

Favorite movie
    s: Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory (my big favorite from 1971), Slipper and the Rose, Enchanted, Muppet Treasure Island, Muppet Christmas Carol, Russkies, Starman, Young Frankenstein, See No Evil Hear no Evil, Brother Bear, The Sound of Music, The Princess Diaries, Airplane! Kate and Leopold, Mamma Mia, and Ratatouille.

Favorite TV-Shows: Fraggle Rock, Starman, Beauty and the Beast, Due South, Touched By An Angel, Numb3rs, Star Trek: The Next Generation, Quantum Leap.

Favorite actors: Gene Wilder, John Dye, Richard Chamberlain, Robert Hays, Julie Andrews and Meg Ryan.

Favorite authors: JK Rowling, CS Lewis, Gene Wilder, and Neale Donald Walsch.

Favorite music: Chris de Burgh (my absolute favorite singer), the Monkees, John Denver, Blackmore's Night, Gregorian (Masters of Chant), Josh Groban, Sissel Kyrkjebo, Julia Neigel, Great Big Sea, The Carpenters, Rascal Flatts, Collin Raye, Anne Murray, and Karl Anthony (he's an independent artist and a friend of mine).

General interests: Making and collecting teddy bears, singing, writing, and music.:sing:

Oh and incidentally, I don't smoke either. My father died from lung cancer, that was enough to encorage me against it. I do drink, but very, very rarely. I enjoy a glass of red wine now and again, as my doctor said that red wine was actually healthy in moderation.
    GopherCoffee likes this.
  7. wwfpooh

wwfpooh New Member

Wilder or Depp version?
  8. Yva Minstrel

Yva Minstrel New Member

Wilder of course, I am one who loves the original, and Gene Wilder is one of my favorite actors. :)

I am not a Johnny Depp fan at all ::ducks from the flying cheese that people might feel inclined to throw at me:: :D
  9. Skye

Skye Active Member

Lol... *slides down to the floor and ducks with Yva* I'm not a Johnny fan, either!
  10. Yva Minstrel

Yva Minstrel New Member

That's so comforting to know. I have been in far too many places where I have seriously been outnumbered and figured that people thought I was too old to be a candidate for the super cool and groovy. :sing:
  11. Skye

Skye Active Member

Oh no, not at all! I think I've always been one who generally likes "uncool" things and dislikes the "cool" things. But I love being that way. After all, we all have our own personal super cool and groovy things in our lives! :D
  12. wwfpooh

wwfpooh New Member

Exactly. I know many of my fellow fans have since moved on from the WWE business, but as a true fan, I respect the company for what it does & still enjoy it from time to time, despite problems that the company has had over the years.

Beyond the Mat: Pro Wrestling Documentary
    Part 1
    Part 2
    Part 3
    Part 4
    Part 5
    Part 6
    Part 7
    Part 8

*continues on down the list*
  13. SSLFan

SSLFan Well-Known Member

SSLFan: *throws cheese at Yva and Skye*

Jonny Depp rox!:p
  14. wwfpooh

wwfpooh New Member

Now, now...You three play nice. XD
  15. Yva Minstrel

Yva Minstrel New Member

I am playing nice, I didn't throw any cheese back. I've got an even better idea...

::walks to Doc's house::
    ::knocks at door::

Hi Doc, could I please borrow a custard cream pie from your stash?

(pause)

:: Doc brings a large white box::

Thanks, I owe you!

::leaves::

Mwahahahha, now look out, I have a pie and I'm not afraid to throw it. :D

Of course, I am teasing, to each his/her own. But, it was fun to be a little fantasyful.
    GopherCoffee likes this.
  16. wwfpooh

wwfpooh New Member

Yes it is. *takes slice of pie when no one's looking*
    GopherCoffee likes this.
  17. Skye

Skye Active Member

Oh yes.... yes.... :shifty: *takes a piece of pie, also... and then throws it at SSLFan! :crazy:*

Okay, okay, lol, I'll play nice now. ;)

I hope that was your favorite kind of pie, SSLFan! :-D
    GopherCoffee likes this.
  18. wwfpooh

wwfpooh New Member

*palmface* Here we go...*inevitable avoids food fight*
  19. Skye

Skye Active Member

Hehe, no, no, I was just teasing. 'Tis all in good fun! :)
  20. wwfpooh

wwfpooh New Member

Good. This place should be fun, first and foremost.