Things-of-the-day, international style

ISNorden

Reaction score
Most Sesame Street veterans on this forum remember the end-of-show announcement "Sesame Street was brought to you today by..."; the writers are still using that phrase even though the show has changed its format drastically. (Those letter/number spots no longer feel like network TV commercials, the way they did in the 70s.)

Earlier this year, I heard quite a different ending on the Mexican version (Plaza Sésamo): the ending announced that "this episode is dedicated to the letter ___ and the number ___". That made a lot more sense in my opinion, although the most recent Plaza Sésamo episodes don't even announce the things-of-the-day at all...does a typical viewer in Mexico focus on the social parts of the show these days, or think that announcing the letter and number is pointless for some other reason?

The one Swedish episode I've seen didn't announce them either, so I suspect that only Americans bother with a things-of-the-day ending nowadays. Foreign viewers (and expatriated Americans): am I right about that assumption?

Cherrymoon

Reaction score
Sesamstrasse(Germany)

We get a tone/jingle that tells you the story is over and then the theme music(instrumental).

The deal more with ideas then letters and numbers here.
Today was about sleep or trying to go to sleep.