Things to look for in It's A Very Merry Muppet Christmas

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
Things to look for in It's A Very Merry Muppet Chirstmas

justwanted to point out some little tid bits in the background of the movie

The Exit in the backstage is back! unlike in the Weezer video!

Rowlf's bust from TMS can be seen in gaffer's spot when Janice is tuning up her harp.
make your you read that correctly, it's not the side show toy's Rowlf Bust, and gaffer is not in the movie.

Photo's of some of the muppets such as cifford can be seen behind the TV during the showing of Kermit the frog on Last Call with carson daily.

also around the back stage area are poster's promoting Rowlf, or fozzie and even the EM just like there where back on the Muppet Show.

in miss piggy's apartment during life without kermit you can see many frog things such as pillows, there also look's like at some point a little frog figure is in the background, i wonder if it's an old Plastic figure of kermit, there is also a photo of miss piggy in the background.
the twin tower's can also be seen, in which i don't understand it.

Miss Piggy's hotle is all named Murray, anyone think it has anyting to do with Murray plotski from TMTM?

anyone find anymore?

the UK fan's will be able to help soon too! have they seen it yet? what day is it over there? a day ahead of the of the international dateline or a day behind? i never understood those things.

Zack,

scarecroe

Reaction score
Re: Things to look for in It's A Very Merry Muppet Chirstmas

Originally posted by Zack the Dog
Rowlf's bust from TMS can be seen in gaffer's spot when Janice is tuning up her harp.
make your you read that correctly, it's not the side show toy's Rowlf Bust, and gaffer is not in the movie.
Yeah, the Beethoven bust is actually in the same exact spot as it was in at least one episode of The Muppet Show as I saw it there just the other day. I forget which one it was, but it's one of the eps from the Time-Life releases.

The twin towers were likely digitally placed there as a tribute.

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
The twin towers were likely digitally placed there as a tribute.
I certainly hope it was a tribute, because in the life without kermit chirstmas was ment to be present day,not back in time, i mean not to get into facts here but this movie was made after september 11 2001 and i hope it's not some evil thing in which if Kermit was never born the towers would still be standing.

In which this was the way my younger borther took it.
Henson wouldn't do something like that so i'm sure it would be tribute though.

Zack

beaker

Reaction score
Wow, that's what I call to much time on one's hands. Ive heard Crazy Harry and Bert bandied about as al Qaeda operatives, but this is ridicerous. (al Qaeda, whose official site uses the exact vBulletin template as MC and Palisades does...those poor vBulletin staffers)

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
Wow, that's what I call to much time on one's hands.
You don't think they should have done this? or do you? I missed this part when it first aired because i was eatting dinner at a distant family's house. I first read about it on the Disney Laughing place.com and they were all talking about this very subject. then i watched the tape my grandmother gave me when i got home.

Henson or NBC wouldn't do anything negative towards this, but i find the whole Bert thing ridicerous, i didn't even think people would know who Crazy Harry was to come up with something like that.

beaker

Reaction score
Originally posted by Zack the Dog
You don't think they should have done this? or do you? I missed this part when it first aired because i was eatting dinner at a distant family's house. I first read about it on the Disney Laughing place.com and they were all talking about this very subject. then i watched the tape my grandmother gave me when i got home.

Henson or NBC wouldn't do anything negative towards this, but i find the whole Bert thing ridicerous, i didn't even think people would know who Crazy Harry was to come up with something like that.
I think it is a non issue, like the replacement voices or other things. I mean did this movie even take place in New York? I thought it was filmed in Toronto. I mean in old Roman type films there are extras with watches, and boom mic shots.
And hey, didnt your Crazy Harry come with a tiny version of the Q'uran and strap on explosives? Or was I the only who got Mujahedeen holy fighter Harry? ^_^ (seriously, the two dynamite sticks are stuck on a piece of tape that fit nicely around his stomach)

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
no, it's not really an iusse at all, its just buliding seen in the background of the movie, not a plot.

I think all the voices are great and i see no problem with talking about them, it seem's that Sam seemed to have the out of place voice the most though and i'm also on that bandwagon.

I thought it was filmed in Toronto
Even thought it was flimed in toronto doesn't mean it was ment to take place there, parts of Follow that Bird were taped in Canada and it didn't take place there in the movie.