Things you miss

What do you miss the most?

• Total voters

galagr

Reaction score
The show has gone through a lot of changes thorugh the years? Do you miss anything in particular? NOTE: I know people miss the "Elmo-less" days, but please refer all comments about "it" in this thread, otherwise, we'd have a whole thread about Elmos! So, what do you miss? The One-shot characters of the 70's? The animations of the 80's? Or the.......... er, 90's?

Just as an example, I miss the "old" Rosita. Remeber when she was the affectionate one? That was another aspect Elmo took over. I miss the "old" Rosita, especially her wings. She was the first character to really bring that to the street. For Example: http://www.sesamestreet.org/play#media/video_bd033d87-1561-11dd-a62f-919b9832668

Now when was the last time you saw that? Another thing. Murray Monster. Not that he's a bad character, but when I go to turn on Sesame Street, and I see this Red Monster yelling at me, I'm quite surprised. I just wish he would yell less. Okay, rant over.

animalrescuer

Reaction score
I do miss the old animations the show had, "Ladybug's Picnic", "That's about the size", and "Teeny Little Superguy". I wish they would reuse those. Some of the remakes made kind of stink, however, the remake of "A loaf of bread, a container of milk and a stick of butter" that was on this new season was good, I liked it.

I know I've said this before somewhere else, but I miss a lot of the old sketches with characters like Guy Smiley, Forgetful Jones, Sherlock Hemlock, etc. I wish they could use them again.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I guess I kind of miss the simplicity of the street in general: I mean, back in the day, the set pretty much had two major structures (123, and the tenement building with the Fix-It Shop and Hooper's), and a secondary structure (the carriage house), with additional minor locations (Big Bird's nest area, Oscar's can, etc), the rest was pretty much painted flats that gave the illusion that the street was a bigger location than it actually was. Nowadays, there are so many secondary structures, you could get lost in (Elmo's apartment, the apartments behind the garden, the subway station, the flower shop, the abandoned store next to Big Bird's nest, etc).

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Well, such is the way of a NY city street. I don't even think I've a seen a street like theirs that's curved with yard in the middle like that. There COULD be one, but I've yet to see one.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Certainly not curved so much, but I think the closest thing to a yard like theirs would be maybe vacant lots, much like Big Bird's nest area used to be.

sesamemuppetfan

Reaction score
In addition to everything mentioned in the poll above, I miss how the episodes used to have an actual plot storyline, with all the inserts and stuff in between. Plus, I also miss seeing any insert from the first 3 decades of the show, especially anything where Jim Henson's voice was heard.

Hayley B

Reaction score
So happy that I could vote for more then one thing . First I miss the old Sesame Street theme song (the first style). I miss seeing Slimey and as for cast members, I miss Susan.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Certainly the older characters, but also the live action segments that gave you a chance to breath.