1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

things you used to want to do.

Discussion in 'Friends and Family' started by mo, Jun 28, 2012.

1. mo

mo Well-Known Member

as in jobs, hobbies, animal shooting....
  2. galagr

galagr Well-Known Member

I've always wanted to skydive, just never had the guts to do it.
  3. BobThePizzaBoy

BobThePizzaBoy Well-Known Member

I used to want to be a construction worker like my dad when I was really little, then I lost interest in that and wanted to become an animator, first a computer animator at Pixar (this was back when they only had three films!) then a hand-drawn animator... then I realized I couldn't draw and the computer animation process was too complex for me to get.
  4. RedPiggy

RedPiggy Well-Known Member

I've wanted to be a preacher, a doctor (well, nurse is close enough for me), astronaut, special effects artist ....
  5. charlietheowl

charlietheowl Well-Known Member

I've wanted to be a psychiatrist and teacher in recent years, but left those behind to pursue communications.

When I was really little I wanted to be a game show host. Too much The Price Is Right.
  6. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

I considered a career in cartoons: I used to do minimalist cartoons and comics a lot from 1999 to 2008, and even tried my hand a Flash animation, but after a while, I realized this wasn't what I wanted to do for the rest of my life, especially animation, which requires a LOT of patience... something I don't have, lol. Plus, I was just burned out, so I just wanted out.
  7. newsmanfan

newsmanfan Well-Known Member

Or Guy Smiley!

I thought I might teach English. Then I realized how much paperwork and bureaucratic BS teachers have to put up with. And THEN I realized I don't have the patience for stupid people, of any age group...

I do still want to see every national park, though. My ex and I started that goal; thus far I've seen many of the ones in Utah, AZ, NC, KY, VA, TN, and one in NY. I'm not doing Death Valley, though...coming down with heatstroke in Arches NP wasn't fun.
    ------------
  8. bingboingcutie

bingboingcutie Active Member

I used to want to be a Muppet when I first got into the fandom! :p I wanted to be one of the family, and nothing else would do, no matter how much I knew it wasn't possible. Then I decided that being a puppeteer would have to do.
    mo likes this.
  9. mo

mo Well-Known Member

I think evryone on the forum has wanted to be a muppet at one point...I'm still hoping :o
    charlietheowl likes this.
  10. newsmanfan

newsmanfan Well-Known Member

-----------
    Er...you mean you're NOT? gasp! :eek:

----------------
  11. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

I'm still debating...

*sings*
    Am I a man, or am I a Muppet?
    mo and Muppet fan 123 like this.
  12. bazooka_beak

bazooka_beak Active Member

When I was little, I wanted to be a ballerina. Then I wanted to be a cartoonist. Neither of these happened :( I'm an impatient person, LOL.
    mo likes this.
  13. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

I had a wide variety of career dreams when I was little. I had wanted to be a garbage man, and then the owner of a healthy restaurant. Then a little later on (fourth grade or so), I wanted to be a professional baseball player, which was extremely odd, considering I didn't play baseball then, and happen to have absolutely no athletic abilities, not to mention extremely slow. Then later on I had wanted to be an actor, which I eventually talked myself out of...
  14. charlietheowl

charlietheowl Well-Known Member

[quote="Hubert, post: 904812, member: 40883"Then a little later on (fourth grade or so), I wanted to be a professional baseball player, which was extremely odd, considering I didn't play baseball then, and happen to have absolutely no athletic abilities, not to mention extremely slow.[/quote]

Sounds like me. I desperately wanted to be an athlete, even though I was allergic to gym class in elementary school. Think I watched too many Yankees games or something. I hated gym, but never saw the connection between it and sports since we just did goofy games like dodgeball and scooter soccer. Once I got to middle school, and we did things that were actual sports, I realized my athletic abilities were very small. The only sport I am not bad at is badminton of all things.
  15. CaseytheMuppet

CaseytheMuppet Well-Known Member

I wanted to be a cartoonist, then a Movie maker, then an author. Now I hope to land a job as an art teacher, and do a little art and movies as a side job. Fat chance, though! ;)
  16. Teheheman

Teheheman Well-Known Member

I always wanted to be some kind of creative force. Like a comedian or writer or something. Never had the guts/talent to actually go through with going up on stage and doing it.

Daniel