Things You Wish You Didn't Know...

JaniceFerSure

Reaction score
why another 'gay' thread on MC?!

Still curious,once again,why the subject of homosexuality has come up at MC.This is a forum to talk about the muppets and muppet worlds.

BEAR

Reaction score
JaniceFerSure said:
Still curious,once again,why the subject of homosexuality has come up at MC.This is a forum to talk about the muppets and muppet worlds.

This isn't a "gay" thread. Its a montage of different things. Plus, its in the general discussions section where people talk about NON muppet things.

JaniceFerSure

Reaction score
BEAR said:
This isn't a "gay" thread. Its a montage of different things. Plus, its in the general discussions section where people talk about NON muppet things.
No comment.:boo: :grouchy:

BEAR

Reaction score
JaniceFerSure said:
No comment.:boo: :grouchy:

Not that I even said much on the subject, I realize it is sensitive to you. People are just having civil discussions about certain subjects. You don't have to read them. You know what you are getting into from the first post so it isn't like there is a bunch of surprises here. And it is on topic. Thats all I am gonna say. If it gets closed, fine. There is no bashing or discrimination that I see in this thread.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
This isn't directed to anyone in particular, but I'm trying to determine the possibility of discriminating comments in the thread by using "gay" to describe something in particular (ie, a tv show).

Just so no one is slamming Beau for his statement above, there was talk about this many years ago and while it does dampen our view into the personal world of Jim, it's not necessarily something that we should let darken our love of him and his work, or his message!

Regarding that last statment of even mine, Danny posted something at his Toughpigs.com site forum about discussing Henson Folks' Personal Lives which I think I might copy and paste here because Danny's so very right about it.

I shall consider this thread and, if it ends up locked or deleted please don't take it personally, okay?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Fozzie Bear said:
I shall consider this thread and, if it ends up locked or deleted please don't take it personally, okay?
Aw, that's not fair! It's not my fault people THINK I'm against gays! Oh well, this makes the SECOND thread I've started that got deleted.

BEAR

Reaction score
D'Snowth said:
Aw, that's not fair! It's not my fault people THINK I'm against gays! Oh well, this makes the SECOND thread I've started that got deleted.

Don't worry D'Snowth. You didn't do anything wrong. It wasn't a hate thread, people just get very sensitive at the slightest hint of anything like that. I don't understand it either.

F

furryredmonster

When I was little, I could not get over the fact that I was eating a chicken or a pig or cow every time I ate some meat.(I do not now of course) I think I freaked out then... it was just weird.

I think fozzie is right... my oppinion... it's not your fault though. This is a forum for all ages. And some people just do not want to talk about that sort of thing.

Ps: The original meaning of gay is happy. I like that meaning better :big_grin:

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Oh, dear. See? I said don't take it personally!

I have to consider things from all directions and what works for everyone as a whole group, not just a particular section of the group or for one individual.

That's why I posted that I have to consider the thread and the meanings in one area of it and consider how to define the posts. I wouldn't have posted here had I not got some messages about it.

But, please don't take decisions here personally. I'm not on any personal venture around here. We're all friends and I think lots of everybody. You all know that.

However, I have a job to do as a moderator and sometimes that means I have to stop being personal and start thinking as a moderator.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Here are some more things I wish I didn't know...

• Congress is going to extend Daylight Savings Time in 2007 (the year I graduate)
  • When I was younger, I was devasted when I learned the muppets were real. (I used to think they actually were walking,talking, living creatures.)
  • Bush won the 2004 election (I'm the only democrat at my school, so imagine how everyone was constantly rubbing it in at me).
  • Kathy Greenwood is a smoker (one of the last things I would expected about her)
  • I have "Prince Syndrome"
  • Again, when I was younger, I was devasted when I learned that Santa Claus doesn't exist. (I do know that Kris Kringle really did exist though as a gift-bearing person for poor children at Christmastime)
  • I'm wanted in 50 states, three Canadian provinces, and two cities in Scotland (Not really, I just wanted to add something else to the list for humor.)