This explains everything about Spinney and Vogel

BEAR

Reaction score
Drtooth said:
I heard that too. maybe Carol would rather interact with the cast than do blue screen work.

Carol is better suited to interact with the others when possible anyway. It's a chemistry thing.

Xerus

Reaction score
I'm wondering if Matt will learn the ability to have Big Bird ride a unicycle like Carroll did in the old days.

BEAR

Reaction score
Xerus said:
I'm wondering if Matt will learn the ability to have Big Bird ride a unicycle like Carroll did in the old days.

Good question. Was that actually Carroll doing the unicycling? Cool. I wonder what things he will bring to the role when he takes over full time. I suppose it would be neat to see Big Bird skate again considering Vogel is young and is physically capable of having Bird do that stuff. I assume he hasn't been doing all those activities much lately just because Carroll Spinney is older and naturally can't do all those same things.

MuppetDude

Reaction score
If you mean the unicycling he did in the Stevie Wonder episode, then I'm pretty sure that was Caroll. (The poor guy was out of control when he whizzed past Oscar!)

jeffkjoe

Reaction score
Carroll is actually pretty dexterous in that costume, if you think about it.

I mean, he unicycles, he SKATES in Big Bird....