This is how out of touch the company is...

The 11th UrRu

Reaction score
... with things today.

The entire Dark Crystal movie is posted on youtube in 9 parts, it has been there, for free, since March 08, 2007.

You have got to be kidding me.

Colbynfriends

Reaction score
Youtube is a strange place. this is one of those things. As far as i know, youtube deleted almost ALL of the SNL clips that wasn't on the NBC account, yet FULL MOVIES are still up.
To me there is a diffrence, Clips of a Show: OK, Clips of a Movie: Still Ok,TV Specials: thats Ok Too, One Full Show: OK unless its one that is shown at least once or twice a week and NOT on DVD, Whole Movie: No Matter how rare it is, a whole movie should'nt be put up like that. it makes companys lose alot of money, espessaly if it is already on the market.
I'm sure the JHC will get around to that, but I think there main focus should be to work on whatever there doing, but then agian, how long does it take to write a letter to Youtube?

wwfpooh

Reaction score
... with things today.

The entire Dark Crystal movie is posted on youtube in 9 parts, it has been there, for free, since March 08, 2007.

And people will find a way to get it back on the 'Net even if YT takes it down. It's the way new people are, it seems.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
:smile: Henson is a very small company. Remember how clunky and incongruent henson.com was until recently? They barely have the capability to handle their own website much less search YouTube for copyrighted content. That's not a criticism, but a good example of how lean the company actually is.

:eek: This upload likely occurred after the official itunes launch of Henson content. If you are concerned you should contact Apple and Henson via email. I'm sure Apple Inc would be swift in getting the content removed from YouTube. :cool:

wwfpooh

Reaction score
:smile: Henson is a very small company. Remember how clunky and incongruent henson.com was until recently? They barely have the capability to handle their own website much less search YouTube for copyrighted content. That's not a criticism, but a good example of how lean the company actually is.

:eek: This upload likely occurred after the official itunes launch of Henson content. If you are concerned you should contact Apple and Henson via email. I'm sure Apple Inc would be swift in getting the content removed from YouTube. :cool:
But would it work? It seems that every time a show or whatever that's copyrighted is removed, it is only a few months later that said same product is back up.

Laszlo

Reaction score
Who cares about Youtube? I mean the video quality is quite bad.
Don't think anyone would watch a whole movie there.

Drtooth

Reaction score
... with things today.

Uhhh, I know someone who uploaded the entire "War of the Worlds" film... Steven Speilberg's film, mind you, as well as Independance Day, and hasn't been penilized yet.

I agree. Youtube is screwed up. You could put an entire first run movie up their, and upload a cartoon from the 80's no one's profiting off of, and chances are, the cartoon from the 80's would be the first thing to be pulled.

I've even see the Muppet Movie up there. And Follow that Bird. As well as numerous VHS releases of Sesame Street specials. You'd think Disney and SW would have pulled that stuff down by now.

wwfpooh

Reaction score
You'd think Disney and SW would have pulled that stuff down by now.
Very true. :smile: I'd say Disney's not caring about the Muppets, as it would much rather pull stuff related to Mickey than pull anything of The Frog's.

JMPrater

Reaction score
I couldn't care less about TDC being posted on youtube, and it doesn't surprise me that JHC isn't doing anything. They can't even keep us updated on the new 'alleged' sequel, why would they possibly care about one of the most beloved films of all time being in essence, dissected for mass audiences? When Henson & Co can prove that they care about us, perhaps we'll return the favor.

My allegiance is to art, and not to it's benefactors and stockholders.

J.M. Prater

wwfpooh

Reaction score
They can't even keep us updated on the new 'alleged' sequel
Considering they're working on both the sequel to TDC and the FR film, all of that is doing to take time, effort, and a lot of hard work. As such, they might not have the time to constantly update or be able to check and see if YT is accidentally allowing one of its properties onto the site.