This is REALLY Getting OLD!

Winslow Leach

Reaction score
Well i have seen some things about this M.A.S.H set and i started getting really really happy about it. I think this is really a better buy in the long run for us die hard M.A.S.H fans. Now if you have already bought seasons 1-9 you dont have to losse all your money you spent on them. Just take the DVD's to a store that will trade or even give cash back. You sure wont get all of your money back but for all nine plus the finaly you could get a little bit, and you could put what you do get towards getting this whole set! It's just an idea thats what i did when they released jacka@ the show they put out volumes 3 & 4 with no features then they came out with a box set that had a book and lots of cool things.
With a show like M.A.S.H you would just have to get the whole set, because all the shows are so good. I wonder if ER will last as long as M.A.S.H did
Does the movie come in the complete set? What about "Goodbye, Farewell & Amen"? I've seen that one available separately. Just wondering if it was part of the set...

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Does the movie come in the complete set? What about "Goodbye, Farewell & Amen"? I've seen that one available separately. Just wondering if it was part of the set...
The original movie was also included in the complete series set, as well as "Goodbye, Farewell, and Amen" with two other discs of special features; but since a lot of us M*A*S*Hers made a big fuss about it, they stopped making the complete series sets, and re-released "Goodbye, Farewell, and Amen" and the two discs of special features in a new set.

Winslow Leach

Reaction score
The original movie was also included in the complete series set, as well as "Goodbye, Farewell, and Amen" with two other discs of special features; but since a lot of us M*A*S*Hers made a big fuss about it, they stopped making the complete series sets, and re-released "Goodbye, Farewell, and Amen" and the two discs of special features in a new set.
Very interesting!:big_grin:

Winslow Leach

Reaction score
Get Smart! is available, but currently in a $200, complete 138-episode set, spread over 24 discs, exclusively through Time Life.

The box opens on a gate, door and phone booth, which mimics the show's opening. All of the episodes have been remastered, with over nine hours of extras.

There are (separate) audio commentaries from co-creators Mel Brooks & Buck Henry, star Barbara Feldon, and guest stars, such as James Caan and Don Rickles. There's a 2006 interview with Buck Henry, promos for the show, excerpts from the Emmys, interactive features, introductions to every episode by Barbara Feldon, a 60-minute Don Adams 75th birthday celebration, various TV appearances the stars made, bloopers, a 2003 reunion seminar, 80 minutes from Don Adams' memorial service, a featurette on the series, a booklet and more.

I've never seen the show, but I'm sure the set is a fan's dream, despite the price. Maybe I'll check it out, if separate seasons are ultimately released. There's a movie in the works with...is it Steve Carrell now? At one point, I think Jim Carrey was mentioned, but it might be Carrell now. Perhaps Time Life with make each season available separately once the movie draws near.

Beakerfan

Reaction score
Yes! It is Steve Carrell! And they could not have picked a better choice! Really! I am very excited about this movie. I grew up on Get Smart.

Winslow Leach

Reaction score
Yes! It is Steve Carrell! And they could not have picked a better choice! Really! I am very excited about this movie. I grew up on Get Smart.
Cool! I agree with you, I think Carrell is an excellent choice (even though I've never seen the show--but I know the basic premise and stuff). But I love The Office, so Carrell gets a thumbs-up from me!:big_grin:

anytimepally

Reaction score
The Twilight Zone was the worst for me, because they released it in volumes (about 40, I think, but I don't know the exact number), then they released a limited edition box set in chronological order, then they released season sets, then they released "definitive edition" season sets, then they released the complete definitive edition... and I'm sure they'll have high definition releases eventually, too

Drtooth

Reaction score
Get Smart! is available, but currently in a $200, complete 138-episode set, spread over 24 discs, exclusively through Time Life.

The box opens on a gate, door and phone booth, which mimics the show's opening. All of the episodes have been remastered, with over nine hours of extras.

There are (separate) audio commentaries from co-creators Mel Brooks & Buck Henry, star Barbara Feldon, and guest stars, such as James Caan and Don Rickles. There's a 2006 interview with Buck Henry, promos for the show, excerpts from the Emmys, interactive features, introductions to every episode by Barbara Feldon, a 60-minute Don Adams 75th birthday celebration, various TV appearances the stars made, bloopers, a 2003 reunion seminar, 80 minutes from Don Adams' memorial service, a featurette on the series, a booklet and more.

I've never seen the show, but I'm sure the set is a fan's dream, despite the price. Maybe I'll check it out, if separate seasons are ultimately released. There's a movie in the works with...is it Steve Carrell now? At one point, I think Jim Carrey was mentioned, but it might be Carrell now. Perhaps Time Life with make each season available separately once the movie draws near.
They will clearly release these in stores in time for the movie. But probably in a different way.

Anyway, I'm still waiting for the "Ren and Stimpy Ultimate Collection) that keeps getting post poned over and over. Is it ever going to happen?

Speed Tracer

Reaction score
I bought the "Get Smart" box last year, and it's my favorite TV show set on DVD. Ever. So, so, so good. I kinda wish the movie and specials had been included, but I hear those are coming when the Carrell film is released next year.