This is the only place i can turn to...

Frogpuppeteer

Reaction score
Sorry ive had this on my chest for sometime and i just don't know what to do anymore,

ive known this guy for 16 years we have had rough times good times awesome times and meh times. he has done so much for me and id do anything for him. a few months back he started Dating this girl and im very Happy for him, he is very happy and seems like he is planning his life with her...

my problem is, i don't like her, i'm not sure what it is...i'm not jealous, and yea i don't see him as much as i used to but we still talk and play video games. i just don't know what it is, me and her don't click. i kinda find her annoying I've never had this issue with friends girlfriends and i'm actually pretty good of getting along with the people i meet and becoming friends easy...i'm just rambling now but anyone every deal with this? or have advice for me?

charlietheowl

Reaction score
This is a tough spot to be in because you obviously don't want to upset your friend but at the same time you can't force yourself to like somebody you don't like. I suppose the best advice I could give you would be to try to and find something that you can like about your friend's girlfriend and try to go from there, to build up a tolerance for lack of a better term. That might be hard to do, but it seems like you really want to be happy for your friend, and you should do what's best for him.

Frogpuppeteer

Reaction score
i am very happy for him like i said we grew up together, i want him to be happy just like i know he would want to same for me..but i don't know what it is about her i just don't like. i mean the only thing i can do right now is tell him but then ill feel like he might think im telling him cause i want them to break up and i dont

Puckrox

Reaction score
Maybe find times to hang out with her when she's not around? Or, maybe don't blatantly tell your friend you don't like her, but hint at it? Or at least make it clear that you prefer hanging out with just him and not the two together?

RedPiggy

Reaction score
Hard to say, actually. Unless she's giving off "stark-raving mad psycho" vibes, there's not really a whole lot you can honestly do about it. You two may never click.

But it's possible that 20 years down the line, you two will be awesome friends. :smile:

At least since you DON'T click, he can't accuse you of wanting her for yourself. :smile:

Frogpuppeteer

Reaction score
At least since you DON'T click, he can't accuse you of wanting her for yourself. :smile:
haha thats my other concern for not saying a word...i dont want to be accused of this...even if we did click shes not my kind of girl

newsmanfan

Reaction score
-----------------------
I agree with Puckrox. Ask her if the two of you can just hang out sometime; maybe there's SOME sort of common interest you two have, or even something one of you likes which the other has a curiosity about? If you can't put your finger on it, and she's not crazy or a user or a snob, maybe it's simply that you have completely different outlooks on life. It happens. And it's always weird when it happens with a friend you know well..."What does he see in HER? She's nothing like US!" But there are obviously qualities about her which your friend likes or admires or presumably he wouldn't be dating her. (I'm assuming, forgive me, that your buddy is NOT just with her for the sex!) So...yeah. Get used to it. Find a common interest or try to make one; your friend will value your effort even if it turns out you just can't find anything you and this girl share in common. Hey, you both breathe and eat, right? Maybe food? Nature? Documentaries? NASCAR? Okay, not NASCAR, but you catch my drift. Sit down with her and ask her to list things she likes, and even tell her what you're doing: "I feel like I don't know you at all, and since you're my best bud's girl I'd really LIKE to like you, so will you help me out here and maybe we can find some common ground?" It'll be worth the effort, no matter how it goes, for your existing friendship. Best of luck to you!
-----------------------