"This is your life"

muppetphile

Reaction score
Anyone remember the "This is your life" series with Guy Smiley?
Until we moved into our new house - I hadn't thought of any of them for years. But right in front of our house there's this huge oak tree. I kept looking at it for days thinking "this reminds me of something..."
Then I realized, the "This is your life" skit with the oak tree!
I think an old lady's voice comes on saying "I remember when you were just a little acorn"...then I draw a blank.
Does anyone remember the rest? Or any other "This is your life" skits?

clipjj27

Reaction score
Hi there. I do remember it, and found the music sort of touching. I had to keep myself from crying each time it came on. I don't know - some music just gets to my emotions. I just remember one 'This is your life' skit. There might have been more, but I don't any.

muppetphile said:
Anyone remember the "This is your life" series with Guy Smiley?
Until we moved into our new house - I hadn't thought of any of them for years. But right in front of our house there's this huge oak tree. I kept looking at it for days thinking "this reminds me of something..."
Then I realized, the "This is your life" skit with the oak tree!
I think an old lady's voice comes on saying "I remember when you were just a little acorn"...then I draw a blank.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
There are at least two more sketches from this series I remember.
The first can be seen on the Season 25 episode where Big Bird and Elmo end up playing tag with the words "Open" and "Hot".
The sketch in question was concerning a Painting of a Bowl of Fruits with Pablo Paint Palette, Patty Paintbrush, Betty Bowl of Plastic Fruits, and the artist herself who I don't know her name.
The other one was kind of a spoof of itself where Guy Smiley surprised a female blue Anything Muppet construction worker and presented to her lunch with Muppet food items inside the lunchbox.
Hope this helps and have a haunted weekend.

jediX

Reaction score
I just found one of these the other night on tape with the life of a loaf of bread.

Boober_Gorg

Reaction score
muppetphile said:
Here is the complete list (to the best of my knowledge) of the "Here Is Your Life" series:

•Tree
•Carton of eggs
•Painting of a bowl of fruit
•Sneaker (with cameo by Oscar)
•Tooth
•Loaf of bread
•2102 Shady Lane

And about the one Count mentioned, I think that was "This Is Your Lunch" but I'm not sure.

ssetta

Reaction score
It was "This is Your Lunch". I just saw it on Plaza Sésamo today!

Pino

Reaction score
are there pictures from???
Maybe an idea for thoughpigs!

jediX

Reaction score
I could take screen captures if anybody is REALLY interested....