1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

This Made Me Laugh...

Discussion in 'Henson People' started by EmmyMik, Apr 16, 2003.

1. EmmyMik

EmmyMik New Member

The other dayeeeeeee (actually it was yesterday), I had a TON of free time at school (like... 4 hours). So I decided to go to the computer lab and take advantage of some of the research things that they offer (there's one database that has all kinds of newspaper and magazine articles stored away), and look for things to add to "Your Face!" (it's been *ages* since I have updated the site. I just haven't had the time, and when I did, I was waaaaaay too lazy).

I stumbled upon this blurb in an article from 1980 (it was about the opening of "Puppets and Things on Strings" which was an exhibit at the Smithsonian)...

Like I said, it made me laugh (and then the people in the computer lab gave me weird looks)...
  2. "who said he works for the Muppets."

--------------

LOL!! I love it how the author makes it sounds like his claim is "questionable"!

Really!

I do!

:D
  3. EmmyMik

EmmyMik New Member

LOL!

Yeah, I liked that part too.

:)
  4. RockSTAR girl

RockSTAR girl Member

hahaha, hey, where did you find this article?

( i mean what was the paper?)
  5. Yes! I knew you would!

I can just, like, TOTALLY see this suited, professional businessyman jottin' that down disconcertedly with a raised eyebrow, and a cocky, doubtful posture.

"who says he 'works for the Muppets'...*scribble, scribble, scribble*"
  6. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Active Member

That's SOOOO true what Hunt said!!

I had a tremendously weird childhood, and I hate big crowds (unless I'm on stage or in an area where it's not SO crowded), and I hate excessive noise or repetitive beats (like dance music too loud), and I always MUCH rather folks talk to Muley than to me when I'm out doing something with him at an event.

Mainly because he's more entertaining than me, and I just never know what to say next and he does...

Uh-oh. I think I may need some couch time at the shrink after reading that! LOL!!
  7. Skeeter Muppet

Skeeter Muppet Active Member

*coughs*Fleet Scribbler*coughs* ;)

-Kim
  8. electricmayhem

electricmayhem New Member

Hahaha!! That's hilarious!!:D :) :excited:
  9. It made me laugh! :)
  10. electricmayhem

electricmayhem New Member

11. Luke

Luke Active Member

This is all kinda true - i even hate my name coming up in credit rolls in shows i know friends, family or worse - past friends are going to likely be watching. It's just you get this feeling that everybody knows what the heck you are currently doing for work - if you have a bad year and end up doing 'puppet dial-a-date' you can't hide it - the whole country knows. I think if i end up having a real big hit show of my own i'll use an alias or something. When i used to floor manage long time ago various presenters used to drag me onto camera and the next day you'd get all your friends ribbing you about it. Pah !

I guess i kinda have a wierd childhood, but probably not as wierd as some people. I'm making up for that now though !
  12. Super Scooter

Super Scooter New Member

"Why? They all had weird childhoods."

The man speaks truth. I suppose there's hope for me yet! LOL!

It is true. People behind (or, in this case, below) the camera are there because they like anonymity. That's one of the many reasons I want to become a puppeteer. Always wanted to be in movies, but am too shy to get in front of the camera. Besides, puppets are just so much fun.

Also why I want to be a director.

But, as I'm sure many of you have guessed, I've had a weird childhood. Seems so many of us on here have. Well, except Byron, but now look at him! *shudder*:eek: :o

"When nine hundred years old you reach, look as good you will not. Hmmm?"
  13. EmmyMik

EmmyMik New Member

This article appeared in the June 9, 1980 (wow, that's older than me!) edition of The Washington Post.

I wasn't around back then. Maybe there was a real problem of people pretending to be Muppeteers when in real life they were accountants or something...

;)
  14. sarah_yzma

sarah_yzma Active Member

uhh i'm a Muppeteer...yeah

Sarah
  15. EmmyMik

EmmyMik New Member

And speaking of things that make me laugh, I noticed that if you do an internet search using the phrase "how to stop shine on your face", my site is one of the first sites on the list.

This amuses me...
  16. sarah_yzma

sarah_yzma Active Member

*goes to yahoo*

Sarah
  17. Manda:-D

Manda:-D New Member

Oh, I can imagine someone, (someone like me), going on the internet to look up some kind of dermatology question, and then ending up getting TOTALLY distracted once they find Emmy's site..... ("OOH!!! Richard Hunt website!!!!")
    And, um, yeah, I'm a Muppeteer, too...... :halo:
  18. Whatever

Whatever Active Member

19. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

Why it's funny you should mention that, Manda, because I am a Muppeteer also!