This picture frame has no hanger, how to put one on?

camillachick

Reaction score
This is the general discussion page and so I thought I'd ask here and see what happens. I had a picture matted and bought a frame for it. The frame is wood with a glass front, the mat and picture, then cardboard. It came with a small thing that looks like a saw blade with both ends bent back 90 degrees. It looks like I am to hammer the 'saw blade' in, but it seems very blunt like it will split the frame. If I hammer it into the cardboard it will probably rip and maybe damage the picture. Any thoughts?

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Go to your local nickel/dime store and buy a $1.00 package for frame hanging. It will have two loop-screws and some wire. Screw the loop screws into the frame and then run the wire through it. Twist the ends tight around the wire so it connects to itself. Hang it on the wall.

camillachick

Reaction score
Ok, that sounds easy. By the way thanks for that last sentence of instruction. I swear I would've been waiting all day for it to jump up on the wall itself. heehee
So, when did you become a moderator?

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
The 'saw blade' picture hanger you have should work. The ends that are bent back the 90 degrees get pounded into the wood frame. Center between the width of the wood frame and centered from left to right of the frame. Pound a nail into the wall and hang the saw blade over the head of the nail. If it is crooked moved left or right to a different notch in the saw blade.