This summer going be great for movies, the best since 1989!

beaker

Reaction score
Originally posted by pezbalubah
I think 1999 was as good, if not better than 1989...
THANK YOU!!! 1999 had to be one of the most visionary and brillaint movie years EVER!!!

The Matrix
Being John Malkovich
Fight Club
The Insider
Star Wars Episode One
The Stright Story
Tarzan(Disney animated)
Eyes Wide Shut
American Beauty
The Three Kings
American Movie
Run Lola Run
American Pie
Perfect Blue(anime theatrical film)
Muppets From Space
...etc etc etc

2001 was a horrible year for mainstream films(Tomb Raider, Jurassic Park 3, Planet of the Apes) yet was a gold mine for the indie/foreign films like Waking Life, Amelie, Memento, Caveman's Valentine, With a Friend Like Harry, My First Mister, and Ghost World.

Im hoping this year will be a great mix of big budget and indie films.

Boober_Baby

Reaction score
Originally posted by beaker
THANK YOU!!! 1999 had to be one of the most visionary and brillaint movie years EVER!!!

The Matrix
Being John Malkovich
Fight Club
The Insider
Star Wars Episode One
The Stright Story
Tarzan(Disney animated)
Eyes Wide Shut
American Beauty
The Three Kings
American Movie
Run Lola Run
American Pie
Perfect Blue(anime theatrical film)
Muppets From Space
...etc etc etc
But... but you forgot South Park: Bigger, Longer and Uncut..

What? It's a good movie!

^_^ Debo

beaker

Reaction score
Originally posted by Boober_Baby
But... but you forgot South Park: Bigger, Longer and Uncut..

What? It's a good movie!

^_^ Debo
Ack, youre right! That was brillaint...surprising pretty hillarious on the big screen! heh...well at leats the first 3 times i saw it, not sure how much of an impact itd have if I saw it now.

electricmayhem

Reaction score
Re: My 2 cents

Originally posted by Drtooth
Pirates of the Carabien (sp?) Between this and the Kangaroo thing, Jerry Brockheimer must REALLY be doing something at those Hollywood pot parties. Plus, after Country Bears, do you think that Disney should make another theme park ride based movie?

The movie I am really looking forward to (though it may not be in theaters till 2004... sigh..) the Great Vegatable Plot... the first full lenght Wallace and Grommet movie. It's kind of ironic. Animated films are usually 90 minutes... that's basically their entire 3 films.
First, I don't think that Pirates of the Caribean will be like Country Bears bc they're two completely different concepts! It won't be a weird kids movie, it'll be an action-adventure pirates movie which could be really good.
Second, They're making a full length Wallace and Grommit???? Yay!! I can't WAIT to see that!!!

Drtooth

Reaction score
Re: Re: My 2 cents

Originally posted by electricmayhem

Second, They're making a full length Wallace and Grommit???? Yay!! I can't WAIT to see that!!!
According to that issue of Time I read, yes. Of course.... I can't remember the issue... I had to go in for an eye apointment and they put these drops in my eyes, so I had trouble seeing.

I hear their making a CGI Mighty Mouse Movie... don't have all the details!

GWGumby

Reaction score
They are most definitely in production with a full-length Wallace & Gromit movie. There was supposed to be another one before that, "The Tortoise and The Hare" but it's had production problems and at the moment I'm not sure which will come first.

There's also a bunch of Wallace & Gromit web exclusive shorts at the following site:
http://atomfilms.shockwave.com/af/spotlights/wallacegromit/

Unfortunately, other than a preview, you have to pay to see the rest. But these shorts are being used as concept tests and training for the upcoming movie.

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
pezbalubah, you didn't like the matrix either huh...good i'm not alone!..

ryan

C'irdan

Reaction score
Re: Re: This summer going be great for movies, the best since 1989!

Originally posted by beaker

Lord of the Rings 3(finally get to see how this ends!)
HA! THat's the best one yet! GEE, I WONDER How you could FIND OUT!

"hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm."

OH YEAH! It's only the best book of the 20th century! DUH!

and by the way, it's not Lord of the Rings 3. It's the third division of the same story. Lord of the Rings is (when properly published) one book only. Early on publishers thought it wouldn't sell well so they forced Tolkien to break it up into three books.

sorry about being so imposing with my opinion, but I think as all of you will hopefully realize, it's for your own good. :wink:

beaker

Reaction score
Re: Re: Re: This summer going be great for movies, the best since 1989!

Originally posted by C'irdan
and by the way, it's not Lord of the Rings 3. It's the third division of the same story. Lord of the Rings is (when properly published) one book only. Early on publishers thought it wouldn't sell well so they forced Tolkien to break it up into three books.
So that's why the very 'end' of LOTR FOTR SUCKED so bad(was like a spit in the face with that cheap non abrupt ending)

Luckily the first 5 minutes of LOTR TTT acted as the epic ending to LOTR 1.

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
Originally posted by ryhoyarbie
pezbalubah, you didn't like the matrix either huh...good i'm not alone!..

ryan
i see beaker...and i believe he is carrying a big stick...

WATCH OUT

Sarah