this was just on aol news when I signed on!!

mikebennidict

Reaction score
It's not news, it's been discussed here before so why bring it up again?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
mikebennidict said:
It's not news, it's been discussed here before so why bring it up again?
Perhaps he wasn't aware of it, Mike!

The only thing I disagree with is how he's talking about Abby Cadabby taking over Sesame Street as well when her being on the show has been a disappointment; but I am glad I'm not the only one who thought Baby Bear was also sort of taking over...along with Telly and Zoe.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I agreed with the poster who decided not to bring up Elmo to his/her kids. I was planning to do the same. But it's not entirely about Elmo, he was fine until the whole show changed. Seriously, if I have kids I wouldn't mind showing them the older DVDs but I wouldn't feel good showing them Sesame Street the way it is now.

There's nothing wrong with happy, cute characters, but there has to be a purpose behind it. Otherwise, it's cute and happy but not particularly real. Kind of like The Stepford Wives, hehe.

Big Bird Fan

Reaction score
This guy doesn't know what he's talking about. Obviously Abby is not taking over the show. Baby Bear hasn't really either. I think this season the air time has been pretty fairly shared around (with just a bit of an Elmo overdose).

And if he thinks Elmo only teaches kids about caring about yourself, he's obviously never even seen Elmo's World.

I also fail to see how any of these characters are stupid. They all seem to act pretty much age appropriate. Just take a look at this weeks episodes, that's how little kids act. If he thinks they're dumb, then he must think kids are dumb.

I also notice he said ""When I watched "Sesame Street" in the '70s, the human cast and the Muppets were quirky adults who didn't talk down to me with baby voices."

He obviously doesn't remember early Big Bird. Now THAT is a stupid character! I've seen clips up on You Tube, and I couldn't believe how much of an idiot he was! I'm embarrassed that my favorite character used to be like that. Elmo looks like a genius compared to early Big Bird.

I will agree the adults don't get enough air time, but that's it. Not that I don't agree with everyone else that Sesame Street obviously isn't what it used to be. However I feel they're making more of an effort this season, (I've noticed others seem to be enjoying this season more too.) so I don't think it's fair to criticize unless they take a step backwards next year, or the rest of the season goes downhill, but I kinda doubt that.

Edit: I also just remembered that even Elmo's World has featured some other characters. In the premiere, Zoe was there part of the time (with the other characters at the beginning and end), then the doctor one had Big Bird, and yesterday's building one had Telly.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Hmmm??? I think this guy need to get a life, it's a childrens show! All I have to say is Elmo has Emmy's, Elmo sells dolls, so he pay's the bills. I would rather have any Sesame Street then no Sesame Street.

froggiegirl18

Reaction score
Ilikemuppets said:
Hmmm??? I think this guy need to get a life, it's a childrens show! All I have to say is Elmo has Emmy's, Elmo sells dolls, so he pay's the bills. I would rather have any Sesame Street then no Sesame Street.
-amen :smile: