1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Christmas Music
    Our 17th annual Christmas Music Marathon is underway on Muppet Central Radio. Listen to the best Muppet Christmas music of all-time through December 25.

3. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Those Strange Kiddie Videos on YouTube: What's the Deal?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by muppetgem, Jun 16, 2017.

1. muppetgem

muppetgem Well-Known Member

I decided to start this thread after WhoseLineFan and I were talking about this in the "I Saw Something REALLY Weird Today" thread.

You know those VERY odd Spiderman and Elsa videos on YouTube? Or how about those Kinder Surprise egg opening ones? Or those very poorly animated nursery rhymes? If you've lurked through the depths of YouTube, you've probably come across them.

Anyway, what's the deal with those? Why are there BOATLOADS of them? Why are they so mind-numbing and poorly produced that they make Dora the Explorer look like a Henson production in comparison?

Here are a few examples:

I can't even begin to describe how awful and insulting-to-a-child's-intelligence these are. If you find any more of these videos that stick out to you, feel free to post them here.

mr3urious and MikaelaMuppet like this.
  2. MikaelaMuppet

MikaelaMuppet Well-Known Member

I'll chime in to this one. What is up with those titles of the videos?

3. muppetgem

Yeah, they always have nonsense titles like (I'm just making this up as an example): "Steven Universe And Friends Crying At Beach Learn Colors And Shapes Wrong Gems Nursery Rhymes Finger Family Songs Surprise Eggs For Babies" It's like spambots (like the ones we see on here occasionally) come up with those titles or something.

MikaelaMuppet likes this.
  4. MikaelaMuppet

I haven't seen any spambots lately though. Either that, or the titles remind me of bots, or spammers.

5. mr3urious

mr3urious Well-Known Member

Those are just so weird and frightening. They're the video equivalent of jingling keys in front of your kid's face with their use of stilted nursery rhymes and inexplicable abundance of licensed cartoon characters. Makes me respect Dora and its inspirations a little bit more as a result, and even (gulp) Wee Bee World to a lesser extant because at least those have some brains behind them. Where in the Elmo are the copyright holders' lawyers? :boo:

MikaelaMuppet and muppetgem like this.
  6. muppetgem

Exactly. Kids deserve to grow up on the good stuff like Sesame Street, not this junk. Heck, even those 1990's Barney knockoffs are still far better than these videos.

mr3urious and MikaelaMuppet like this.
  7. MikaelaMuppet

8. mr3urious

mr3urious Well-Known Member

I wonder if so many of these vids are produced and viewed ironically by adults? Because there's no way these are done seriously, and no way anyone over the age of 2 could find this enjoyable.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2017
    muppetgem and MikaelaMuppet like this.
  9. MikaelaMuppet

I'm sure they are.

10. Pig's Laundry

Pig's Laundry Well-Known Member

And what's odd is that so many of these have millions of views! Either adults are watching them, or parents are just letting their toddlers click on whatever they want. There's just no other explanation. Still though, there are a lot of creepy videos like this where a random female character (especially Elsa) is giving birth. I've even seen one where Elsa was pregnant with Spiderman's baby. It's very sad that so many awful videos like these exist because some adults want to make a quick buck without even trying. They think little kids are so stupid and will watch anything with songs and bright colors.

11. muppetgem

Yeah. That's why I'm thankful for high-quality shows like SS and Mr. Rogers that actually teach kids stuff while entertaining them at the same time. I mean, even Dora the Explorer teaches kids (basic) Spanish.
    Ever heard of a channel called "Toys in Japan"? I swear to Henson that channel is supposed to be ironic. 'Cause after all, they're the ones behind that infamous "SPIDERMAN RIDE DONALD TRUMP BANANA CAR CANDY" video:

The other stuff they put out is just as bizarre. Wanna see a CGI PewDiePie fighting against Spiderman while the Finger Family song plays in the background? Look no further than Toys in Japan!

12. muppetgem

And by the way, why is it always Spiderman and Elsa that get paired up together? It's a stupid couple that doesn't make any sense at all. I thought Spidey (well, Peter Parker) was already with Mary Jane Watson! At least the Jack Frost and Elsa (aka Jelsa) shipping kinda makes sense.

13. MikaelaMuppet

Where's the one with PewDiePie and Spiderman?

14. Schfifty

Schfifty Well-Known Member

This has been a strange trend the last few years on YouTube. What I can say is unfortunately, YouTube is a HUGE medium for children nowadays, because of how simple it is that they can have an iPad or phone or whatever and watch crummy stuff like this to keep their attention for a certain period of time. I think it's stupid.

There's a few threads I discovered a while ago on Reddit about this same trend. Check 'em out. (warning: strong language is prevalent)

https://www.reddit.com/r/h3h3productions/comments/4md3co/scariest_youtube_conspiracy_ive_ever_seen/

https://www.reddit.com/r/OutOfTheLoop/comments/5da5pe/what_is_with_the_spidermanelsa_videos/

https://www.reddit.com/r/OutOfTheLo...s_the_deal_with_these_videos_and_why_do_they/

muppetgem and MikaelaMuppet like this.
  15. muppetgem

Took a bit of searching, but I found it. I can't help but wonder what Pewds thinks of these videos, if he's seen them.

Pig's Laundry and MikaelaMuppet like this.
  16. MikaelaMuppet

Thank you for finding this. Under More Videos, there is PewDiePie and Donald Trump, along with him and a cat.

17. Pig's Laundry

Pig's Laundry Well-Known Member

????

muppetgem likes this.
  18. muppetgem

They make videos with Hitler, too. They made one with Hitler fighting a gorilla, and another with a Hitler finger family.
    That's pretty much my reaction to that entire channel.

19. MikaelaMuppet

20. muppetgem

Why? WHY!? Why must they ruin my favorite things!??