1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Those Strange Kiddie Videos on YouTube: What's the Deal?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by muppetgem, Jun 16, 2017.

1. Flaky Pudding

Flaky Pudding Well-Known Member

These videos disturb me SOOOO bad! I've never watched one of these disturbing videos myself but I've seen news reports/YouTube reviewers discussing them. I almost threw up when they showed some of the more graphic imagery found in these "kid's" videos..........and to think there was a time when The Simpsons was the most controversial cartoon ever.

muppetgem likes this.
  2. Flaky Pudding

Also, this is unrelated but I can't help but notice in the majority of videos discussing these disturbing shorts parents often refer to the well known children's character as Peppa THE Pig. Last time I checked, her name was simply Peppa Pig. Maybe that's a sign that they aren't really paying attention to what their kids are watching. Trust me, because she kept a close on my shows when I was a kid my mom can tell you pretty much anything about SpongeBob lol.

3. muppetgem

muppetgem Well-Known Member

If you ask me, that one's very minor and not that concerning. It's definitely not as bad as the misnaming people do with the Muppets ("Fonzie Bear", "Mrs. Piggy", "Jim Hanson", etc).

4. Flaky Pudding

Somebody I know called Fozzie Bear Fonzie one time
    [​IMG]
    I'm sorry but this is definitely NOT Fozzie!

muppetgem likes this.
  5. MikaelaMuppet

MikaelaMuppet Well-Known Member

For the main course, surprise eggs.

6. muppetgem

Wanna see the scariest baby show of all time? I present....

The Gigglebellies.
    Pure. Nightmare. Fuel.

How could any child ever like this? If I saw this as a toddler, I would've cried, ran out of the room, and had nightmares for weeks. I guess they tried to make the characters look cute, but they just look very uncanny valley to me, and the subpar animation quality doesn't help, either. Seriously; those eyes!!! I mean, that horse (the creepiest one to me) makes the bird from the Sesame Street "BIRD" cartoon look like a freakin' Care Bear in comparison. (Okay, it's probably a bit of a stretch to say that, but still.)

If you're gonna make YouTube videos for babies, do it like this:

and not this:

Last edited: Nov 27, 2017
  7. MikaelaMuppet

Look who did a video about all of this!

@wiley207!

muppetgem and wiley207 like this.
  8. MikaelaMuppet

Looks like the first video is no longer available anymore because the account associated with it got terminated.

9. MikaelaMuppet

Aaaaaand more videos in this thread are gone.

10. muppetgem

[​IMG]
    Oh well. It happens.

11. MikaelaMuppet

Makes me think of some reasons why this happened.

12. muppetgem

Welp, looks like a good 85% of the videos that were shared here have gone bye-bye. Maybe Disney and Marvel finally caught on to them and decided to take legal action?

I'll admit, I'm gonna miss some of them. They appealed to my weird sense of humor.

Pig's Laundry and Froggy Fool like this.
  13. MikaelaMuppet

There's more?

14. Flaky Pudding

AWESOME! I'm finally starting to regain my faith in humanity now that those awful videos are gone. The thing is, I have a very sick sense of humor but the reason those didn't appeal to me is because they were being aimed towards children. If this was some adult cartoon I probably would've thought it was funny but the fact that children are seeing those disturbing things made me feel worried for the future of our youth rather than laughing at the videos. Someone recently called me a hypocrite because I like Happy Tree Friends and Robot Chicken but consider these videos disturbing, the difference is Robot Chicken and HTF are for adults, not kids. Those shows (especially in Robot Chicken's case) feature a lot of adult humor that would easily bore/confuse children. Things like celebrities, politics, and obscure things from the 70s and 80s often get made fun of on those type of shows. Trust me, when I was a kid the main way to bore me was to discuss politics or celebrities from before my time lol. If they were being targeted towards children, I wouldn't like them at all.

muppetgem likes this.
  15. muppetgem

Well, kids/family shows can have adult humor, too. Just look at Animaniacs and Rocko's Modern Life. Even Veggietales has some adult references in it (and that's one of the main reasons why I like it, besides that it's one of the only Christian kids shows I've seen that's not too preachy - it's funny and it appeals to both kids and their parents).

Froggy Fool likes this.
  16. Froggy Fool

Froggy Fool Active Member

I used to LOVE VeggieTales! I watched it when I was like 4 and 5. Probably my favorite kids show at the time other than Sesame Street and Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, lol.

17. Flaky Pudding

I still love VeggieTales! What other religious kid show features references to Monty Python. That show taught me a valuable lesson.......not all Christian kid shows are preachy, annoying poorly made garbage!

muppetgem likes this.
  18. Flaky Pudding

If these videos continue, then THIS will be what the future of kid shows will look like when the younger generation starts running the world:
    NOTE:This is NOT a kid show. For those of you who were shocked thinking that children actually saw this, keep in mind that it's just satire lol.
    https://www.watchcartoononline.com/wonder-showzen-season-1-episode-1-birth
    That Letter N song has been stuck in my head for days btw :p.

19. LittleJerry92

LittleJerry92 Well-Known Member

Ehm.... Yeah. Found this on YouTube...

20. Froggy Fool

Froggy Fool Active Member

Uh. No. Stop that. Stop that now.