"Thoughts" on Ressurection Season Finale (and the show in general)

Muppet Master

Reaction score
I'm just fuming how some dramas like Ressurection end. We didn't find out how the dead came back, or what happened to Maggie who went to jail or Jacob and Marty who were surrounded by helicopters and other cars. AND WHAT WAS GOING TO HAPPEN TO THE DEAD PEOPLE!!!!! If you watch the show share your thoughts on the season (series?) finale, and the show in general.

Drtooth

Reaction score
First off, they're not going to reveal everything at the end of the first season. That's bush league. The entire point of shows like this is to keep the audience watching to keep the show on the air longer.

Secondly, I just can't get into shows like this because you know the big reveal is going to be something horribly disappointing... or worse, a HUGE screw you to the audience. I am very glad I never got into Lost. The "they were dead all along" was one of the nastiest ways to close out a show and disrespect the fans ever... at least until How I Met Your Mother killed off the mother to make a lame roundabout point. And that's if they finish their run. If they don't? You either get left hanging or a rushed conclusion that's completely unsatisfying. That huge "The Event" show? The reveal was aliens. A cheap and easy conclusion. The show was cancelled due to low ratings not too soon after.

They make these shows so that they want you to care. But we've seen LOTS of genre shows come and go that no one can get into because they know they're in for a lame conclusion. Sometimes they instinctively know the show's not going to last.