Thread deleting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Well, I definitely don't want this to all become a flame-war here, so remember diplomacy when posting.

Revisionist history comes about when something has become 'history' and it is then revised. I do not revise the history, but stop the negative pollution of this community before it gets too far stretched. Also, how can folks stop themselves from making the same mistakes? Simple. There are forum rules to follow, and when those rules are broken you've made a mistake. It also comes as simple as realizing this is a family-oriented forum--if it isn't something that the Muppets have said or done then it won't be said or done here.

Also, if the emotions evoked by the theme of a thread are not within the boundaries of the lessons we all should have learned from Jim Henson's legacy, then it shouldn't be on these boards regardless which forum it is placed. I think I've personally posted my own judging-calls throughout these message boards a dozen times or more, and regular posters on MC know where I stand on what is a correct means of communication on these forums.

Again, I'm not sure which thread was deleted or who did it, so I am not answering for all moderators here. I'm just giving my own answer. Let's see you get that kind of reply from someone you question at the Star Wars Fan Boards! I know several of their moderators and I know that they do get trigger happy with banning buttons. :smile:

Another reason I do not allow there to be negativity on these message boards is because we are visited by performers, producers, and more from the Jim Henson Company, Sesame Workshop, and Disney (and others as well). We have had Emmy award winners who are also fans grace these forums, not to mention folks who were builders of the puppets, and more! Do you really think we can keep these good people with great resources of history and knowledge coming here if every time they show up to read through the new posts they start finding rants about racism, sexual interests, and flame-wars? No. It's hard for me to keep coming back here as a fan and moderator when these things become rampant.

And while some come and don't return because of the problem posts, I hope that those who cause this will ultimately realize that they are better suited for a political message board to debate such topics rather than fill a forum that should be fun every time you come to it. It's the same thing as "if you don't like a channel, change it and go to another show." I don't want folks to leave, but I don't want negative folks here. Such negative posts did keep one member, who actually worked WITH Jim Henson, from coming back. I finally got him to, and because of the negative posts last fall he's stopped again.

While this forum is not a democracy where folks are voted in or out of office, but appointed by Phillip, I don't personally feel that moderators have to answer to anyone (except Phillip). However, because I have always been diplomatic, I DID answer. And I hope that results in some form of trust or respect from those who would question my own style of moderating here. If it is felt that I am not doing my duty toward the betterment of this community then I welcome a complaint to Phil.

MC was the first message boards I ever posted on and even before moderating, I worked very hard to create a positive feeling with my fellow members of these forums, and I still do. I strive to keep this a positive, family friendly forum where folks can come and have fun. I do this for myself as much as I do this for other people. I want this community to be a strong reckoning force for Jim Henson and Muppet fans! It cannot be, or remain, strong if we allow there to be the problem of negative posts and topics which divide us instead of bringing us together. That's what Jim's message was to all of us, and I don't understand why it can't be remembered when people post here. It's just so simple.

So, yeah, if you feel I'm doing a bad job, please let Phil know. If you don't like how I personally handle something, please let Phil know. I do answer to Phil as these boards were begun by him.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
messyplace said:
D'Snowth has posted in this thread so im more than sure he'll say something along the lines of "cos someone likes starting arguments" still on my ignore list though.
This is 'baiting,' which I've asked you not to mention him in your posts again. Please don't do this again. Thanks.

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
Very well said Fozzie. Everybody should keep in mind that although we are members of Muppet Central, that membership, through the goodness of Phil's heart and love of the Muppets, is FREE. As a result, he gets to make the rules. He gets to select the moderators. They have a right to do as they please without question. If you don't like the rules or actions of the moderators, you are free to start your own forum.

messyplace

Reaction score
Fozzie Bear said:
This is 'baiting,' which I've asked you not to mention him in your posts again. Please don't do this again. Thanks.
Indeed, he'll have me on his ignore list though...wont he ; )

MWoO

Reaction score
I see where you are coming from Fozzoe Bear (never though I would say that...sounds so weird). I'm also glad you took the time to actually explain some stuff. I still don't get why asking a question about what happened is evoking negative responses from MuppetsRule and Vic Romano. Seriously, telling someone to leave instead of trying to find out why something happened is just plain rude for no reason.

I still don't agree with the deleting of entire threads when some people start bickering, but at least now I know WHY it happens. And seriously, just because I asked why something happens doesn't mean I should be told to get out. It's like blind patriotism in the US when someone says they don't like Bush. To those who said that, did Sesame Street not teach us it is good to ask questions? If the boards are to follow Jim Henson's teachings it goes for questioning things too.

messyplace

Reaction score
MuppetsRule said:
Very well said Fozzie. Everybody should keep in mind that although we are members of Muppet Central, that membership, through the goodness of Phil's heart and love of the Muppets, is FREE. As a result, he gets to make the rules. He gets to select the moderators. They have a right to do as they please without question. If you don't like the rules or actions of the moderators, you are free to start your own forum.
Thats not the best way to go about things though....it could eventually drive more and more posters away. Obviously it cant all be the way of the posters...but a my way or highway attitude wont help.

Teheheman

Reaction score
I dunno, I think that if we all just get along and not rope people into arguments that they don't deserve to be in, then I think this'll be a happy place. I think that thread deleting is good because some people might view this and not wanna get into such a heated board. LOVE EVERYBODY!!!!

Daniel

messyplace

Reaction score
Good point, I shouldnt have let myself get roped in by others.

MWoO

Reaction score
I think the thread has served it's purpose, question asked and answerred. It can be closed now, but please not deleted. :-p

Status
Not open for further replies.