1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Thread Revivers

Discussion in 'Friends and Family' started by Vincent Liu, May 14, 2012.

1. Vincent Liu

Vincent Liu Well-Known Member

I saw a thread called Thread Killers, so why not a Thread Revivers thread? Where you often dig out threads from long ago, reply to it, and the thread returns to the top of the list.
  2. Fragglemuppet

Fragglemuppet Well-Known Member

Don't get me wrong. I did enjoy the show TKO, but I never got the pride of being a threadkiller. Surely that's something to avoid? Anyway, I've been both in my life. I was a threadkiller earlier on in my MC career, though never in name, and I also have a great love of pulling up old, abandoned threads, when relevant, of course.
    :)
  3. Vincent Liu

Ironically, this thread kinda died
  4. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

Quick, Dr Vincent Liu, pass the paddles! We can revive this thread, we MUST revive it, it is counting on us!
    Muppet fan 123 and Vincent Liu like this.
  5. MuppetsRule

MuppetsRule Active Member

And just as ironic, it got revived again.
  6. mostlikemokey

mostlikemokey Active Member

I enjoy reviving Fraggle Rock threads.
  7. Vincent Liu

I enjoy digging out just about everything.
  8. The Count

The Count Moderator Staff Member

Yeah, and that seriously disgruntles the rest of us. If you're going to contribute something of worth that could restart the discussion, good. If you're just digging up old threads for digging sakes or posting short little replies like "I do" or "IDK (I don't know)" or "Me too", that's spam and thoroughly aggravates the community at large. So please, try to be judicious when reviving threads if you feel you must do so. :ouch:
    MuppetsRule likes this.
  9. Vincent Liu

Don't worry, I always post something worthy to the discussion, and I don't overdo it.
    Another thing: Do you prefer that I create new threads or revive old ones? because personally I prefer the latter.
  10. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

Just a few thoughts on thread revival:

If anyone revives threads, make sure that you are not answering a question from years ago that someone asked, as they probably already figured it out. If you bring up threads where a user doesn't know or understand something, as that seems to have led to false thoughts about the user, making it look like they know nothing about the Muppets.

Also avoid reviving threads reporting past Muppet news, as it may excite people into thinking that something new is happening that really is not. Threads that don't really have a discussion are the best to bring up, for example threads like "The What Made You Smile Today Thread," or something like that, where it's more free to just post something than have a discussion.

The most ironic thing happens to be that the T*K*O janitor revived the thread...
    The Count likes this.
  11. Princeton

Princeton Active Member

Great! Now let's create a sitcom about *this* lame concept and let it also be more popular than No Day But Today!