Threadless Muppet T-Shirt Design Challenge

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
Why are people getting 1's? I voted 5's for both Beaker and The FrogBoy, and many others!! I only voted 1 for the people who took already used images and put a screen over them and called it art, heh (hope that was nobody here!), otherwise, most of the original art got 3 or above.

GOOD NEWS! I got a reply this morning, they're going to accept my entry!! YAY!!! Hooray for good karma! :wink: Not that I have a ghost of a chance compared to Jamie's AWESOME entry, or several others, just wanna show off my quickie entry to the Muppet fanbase. :big_grin:

Posted my entry on the previous page, check it out!
Cheers,
:smile:
Anthony

Reevz1977

Reaction score
Gotta say I'm pretty gutted. Was working on a design and got bleeding food poisoning over the weekend so never finished :frown: Was pretty happy with it too. Still, not sure it would stand up to Jamie's - that rocks! ! !

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Gotta say I'm pretty gutted. Was working on a design and got bleeding food poisoning over the weekend so never finished :frown: Was pretty happy with it too. Still, not sure it would stand up to Jamie's - that rocks! ! !
Post it here! I have no doubt you'd have mopped the floor with me!! What's been going on with the Theater Composition? Post that too. I wanna see it!!! :eek: Most gorgeous piece of Muppet art ever.

rowlfy662

Reaction score
i like that one great job if only i could convince them to stop declining mine but anyway 5 stars love it :smile:

Mr.Penguin

Reaction score
Aww, glad you got it in! Yeah its strange, I submitted my Beaker/Bunsen/Digit/Neuter one but the contest was literally over a few minutes earlier(even though it was only 10pm here in California)

Glad you been familiarizing yourself with JHH! I'm more a fan of just the Muppet TV half hour portions. I remember catching by accident the debut episode summer of 1989, and just was in awe of it. Sadly it didnt last long, and I didnt think Id ever see it again until I started doing vhs tape trading on here in the late 1990's. I wish the quality on the youtube JHH were better, but least you can get a sense of what it was like. I just love the amalgamation of Creature Shop and traditional Muppet puppet work in the characters they made. I'd love to at least see Zondra again, if not Chip, Digit, Flash, Lindburgh, Leon, Waldo, Bean, etc. Did you see the Cosby episode from early 1990 when the Muppet TV JHH characters took over?

This is the one that got accepted, though I completely understand why it mostly got 1's(given its a strange rendition of an obscure character) I'd absolutely LOVE to do some Muppet comics in an official capacity. This and the other illustration I literally penciled and inked on paper, scanned and photoshopped in under 2 hours so I think I'd be pretty good with deadlines.
Yeah, thanks :oops:Oh, wow that's weird...I originally though the site waited for it to be the same time all over the country, but only doing it on their coast is just silly. I was trying to do it on their time because my friend who helped me with the photoshop and the colors is on that coast and we saw Threadless were mostly based in Chicago, but that's only after snooping on the main site. It should really say that somewhere next time!

Oh, cool! I would've loved to see it back then too....especially when it looked better than YouTube too. I do like that VHS look so I can take it while it's all there is. I love that too! It's also kind of cool that it's like the "Muppet Show of the Future," with similar skits and set-up and everything, but faster paced, a little weirder and showing off all the technology they couldn't pull off before. After seeing the Muppet TV segments and the Inner Tube pilot, I really do wish there was more of those. Zondra's actually my favorite so far (it's a great puppet and her voice is just hilarious to me...I got that "Bizzo" username from trying to find more of her and seeing that "Real World" Muppets Tonight sketch) next to Digit and Bean, and I still need to see more of the others, though I liked what I've seen. I put a bunch them in my entry too, because I'm guessing Disney owns them too, given how some of the characters cross-over. :shifty:

And yeah, I saw that one on one of it's rare Nick at Night re-runs years ago, stayed up the whole night for it...I know I liked it, but I need to see it again. :smile:

I liked yours! It made me laugh, I just love Carl's crazy face and captured it perfect here (your picture reminded me I forgot Carl in my entry, but that's before I realized he was in the movie...the Afgan hound too, which is odd because she's one of my favorite puppets)....Also, I am partial to penguins. :zany: And impressive too, I could really see you doing some. :big_grin:

For some reason I get the red"x" for Mr. Penguin's images, so I can't comment, but I do really want to see them.
Here's a link to mine! :smile: The pictures actually disappeared for me too... http://disney.threadless.com/themuppets/subs/#/submission/1587/

And I actually really like that first black one you sent, the color really pops on it...either way that's one of my favorite Deadly lines that I totally forgot before I saw your shirt, it's awesome for that alone.

Post it here! I have no doubt you'd have mopped the floor with me!! What's been going on with the Theater Composition? Post that too. I wanna see it!!! :eek: Most gorgeous piece of Muppet art ever.
I just saw the Theater one for the first time right now......it....is beautiful :eek:

Also, I wonder what's up with all the 1's, there's an awful lot on a lot of good ones.

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Here's today's close-up peek featuring more of the original line art of my shirt before adding the other refinements. People keep 1-ing me. Grrrr. That just goes to show that you never know who could win. Either way I'm glad to have joined the Muppety spirit of everyone who entered cool stuff. Enjoy!
I seriously can't believe people are "1"ing this. This is the best! Come on people!

Drtooth

Reaction score
I seriously can't believe people are "1"ing this. This is the best! Come on people!
Because the internet is a great place for bitter immature jerks to post nasty comments and vote down anything just for the sheer thrill of being a bitter immature jerk.

There is no call for half the stuff to be rated 1... the only stuff that deserves it was the crappy manipulated stock art. Again, only because they pay people to do that already (Reevz knows what I mean)

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Half my 1's game in the last 24 hours because there was a flood of last minute entries. This means many of them and/or their friends are trying to sink their competition. It's not just me and I'm not taking it personally, but it does cheese me after spending 30 or so hours on my design. I mean, it's not everybody's taste but only a couple of these entries are 1 worthy. The majority of them are at least a three or more. I'm thinking and hoping the meanness subsides soon and it just becomes legit voting for what people like rather than punishing the competition. Such is life. sigh

I noticed that voting ends at 11:59pm Sunday so there's an extra sneak peek of my one-a-day that I cut together:

This was all drawn by hand then traced again in vector in order to allow printing at any size without any loss in quality.

If the eyes are the balconies, the head is the stage and the mouth is the orchestra pit, I guess the collar is kind of the mosh pit!

Mr.Penguin

Reaction score
Half my 1's game in the last 24 hours because there was a flood of last minute entries. This means many of them and/or their friends are trying to sink their competition. It's not just me and I'm not taking it personally, but it does cheese me after spending 30 or so hours on my design. I mean, it's not everybody's taste but only a couple of these entries are 1 worthy. The majority of them are at least a three or more. I'm thinking and hoping the meanness subsides soon and it just becomes legit voting for what people like rather than punishing the competition. Such is life. sigh

I noticed that voting ends at 11:59pm Sunday so there's an extra sneak peek of my one-a-day that I cut together:

This was all drawn by hand then traced again in vector in order to allow printing at any size without any loss in quality.

If the eyes are the balconies, the head is the stage and the mouth is the orchestra pit, I guess the collar is kind of the mosh pit!
Yeah....and I think some of my friends did that nonsens though I keep telling them not to, because I know some of the other artists and I know what it feels like to log in and see 1's after trying so hard to complete my entry all week. :grouchy: Especially because last time I checked yesterday I already have more ones than fives. Luckily at least people here are nice, and hopefully that'll tip the votes back in a positive way (I've been trying to too). That's the one thing I really don't like about this whole contest, it's worrying too.

And sweet, I didn't know Gaffer is on there too! :big_grin: