1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Threadless Muppet T-Shirt Design Challenge

Discussion in 'Muppet Merchandise' started by Pork, Jun 1, 2011.

1. Vic Romano

Vic Romano Active Member

I'm entering! I've been working my bum off on a concept. Maybe I'll post something soon!
  2. Pork

Pork Active Member

Yay! I thought you'd probably enter :D I've been trying to think of a design too... but I have had very little time. got a few ideas though :p

So far I'm loving this design...
    http://disney.threadless.com/themuppets/subs/#/submission/396/
  3. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

Yeah... I'm not going to bother. Part of me really would want to, but the practical part of me is stuck with using a digital camera to get pencil drawings up here, and stuck with a terrible photo-editing software that came with it.... and the camera isn't even mine!!! So if I had the latest greatest whatevers, I'd actually bother. There's a little lack of confidence thing, but truthfully, I'm just technology blocked!
  4. Pork

Pork Active Member

Yeah, I'm a bit conerned about that too, I'm not very good with Digital Art, but I figure there's no harm in trying. I may not enter it though.
    But I'm just happy that, whoever wins, there will be another awesome Muppet t-shirt design to buy! Yay.
  5. Drtooth

I'm good with digital art... just don't have any good enough programs to bother with anything besides fan art.

If I really cared, I'd be cheap and submit a cleaned up version of something I already put on DA... but I know it wouldn't fly.
  6. Vic Romano

Vic Romano Active Member

frogboy4 likes this.
  7. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

It will take me a few more days to complete the rather ambitious design I started on Thursday night. Good thing I'm in between projects this week because this original drawing has already required a crazy amount of hours.

I'm still not clear on how to publish the final formatting in their template. I'll probably have a few questions on that from the other members who have already entered.

Nonetheless, I am submitting a design under the user name jvcarroll this week. :cool:

14 days left to Submit!
  8. Drtooth

I have to say, I'm loving most of the designs up there already. I can't say I really dig the overly simplistic graphics of just eyes on colors, but they're pretty cool, though. The one I really don't like (only because I have a pet peeve of this as a DA user) is the humanized Muppets one. It's well done and everything. looks really good and a lot of effort went into it no doubt. But I just think the "What if they were human" thing is just... over used to put it in the least offensive way.

I would say, if I had the ability to make something clean, crisp and professional looking to submit, I'd clean up my Space Pirate Captain Kermlock or Weirdo Science pieces.
    frogboy4 likes this.
  9. PDiddymus

PDiddymus Member

Vic Romano likes this.
  10. Gonzo's Hobbit

Gonzo's Hobbit Well-Known Member

Nice designs, guys.
  11. PDiddymus

PDiddymus Member

Hey thanks, Gonzo's Hobbit! :D
  12. TSSD

TSSD Active Member

13. Fersureitsjess

Fersureitsjess Active Member

14. TSSD

TSSD Active Member

Gah, meant to quote Vic Romanos post too, not PDiddymus twice!
  15. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

All of these are pretty good so far. Okay, the decrepit magician Kermit with the dead rabbit kind of freaks me out. :eek:
  16. Pork

Pork Active Member

I concur!
    (no offence if you are or know ther person who designed it)
    But yeah, and I'm skeptical as to how it adhere's the friendship theme.
  17. Gonzo's Hobbit

Gonzo's Hobbit Well-Known Member

I have this idea I'd like to try. I'm not a very good drawer, but I might do it just to see how it works out. Does anybody know if there's a limit of how many entries you can do?
  18. Slackbot

Slackbot Well-Known Member

There are lots ofgood designs there, but as a RHPS cast veteran I NEED the Muppet Horror shirt.
  19. Drtooth

Yeah... is it supposed to be a reference to something? Other than that, other than human form fictional characters, I dislike the as grotesque as possible version of something overdone theme. Unless of course it's a reference to Wolverton or Big Daddy Roth.
    frogboy4 likes this.
  20. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

I finally completed my tshirt drawing & composition. Now onto the formatting that could take a day or two. Here's a sliver of a sneak peek.

[​IMG]