1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Threadless Muppet T-Shirt Design Challenge

Discussion in 'Muppet Merchandise' started by Pork, Jun 1, 2011.

1. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

Congrats!!! I'm so excited for this Muppety explosion. Kinda sad that the World of Muppets didn't make it in. Let's hope Kenny's new gets a spot in the Mighty Fine contest. Many of the entries are on white colored shirts so I'll probably stick to purchasing Gonzo Floating (in the wind), the Muppet balloons and the Statler & Waldorf pocket one.

I do think it's funny that these were released two days before the Mighty Fine contest winners are to be announced.
  2. PDiddymus

PDiddymus Member

Thanks, James! And congrats on getting reprinted.

I think the best thing to come out of all the Muppet mania this year is that we don't only get to celebrate the Muppets, but our own Muppet fandom as well.
    frogboy4 likes this.
  3. ilovemuppet4eva

ilovemuppet4eva Active Member

Does anyone know when Threadless will be having the $10 shirt sale so I can buy a couple muppet shirts? $120 for 5 shirts is expensive to me.
  4. Jasonzilla

Jasonzilla New Member

That's what I'm hoping for. I'd buy a ton of these for my wife and myself, but not at $20+ a pop. But then again, we run the risk of them being sold out when they DO have a $10 sale. Decisions, decisions. This is a pickle! :confused:
  5. rowlfy662

rowlfy662 Active Member

wow so many more muppet shirts so buying the muppet balloons one when anothersale comes so i can have a third shirt for xmas what a muppety christmas this will turn out to be
  6. KermieBaby47

KermieBaby47 Well-Known Member

Awesome that so many designs are now available!!!

BUT... why oh why is Mr. Penguin's design not among them?!? His is the shirt that I want the MOST! :(
  7. oscarthegrouch

oscarthegrouch New Member

If I were you, I'd be equally happy about each. I don't need to explain how much I'm excited about the Muppets being back in the limelight. If you're on these boards, you know how it feels. I went twice on opening day and the audience reaction was terrific. As far as your shirt goes, I can't wear it anywhere without getting compliments. At first people are like, "Nice Kermit shirt." but when they see the details in it, they are really blown away. A lot of love went into that design. That's why Disney could never come up with a design half as good. That's also why I'm glad they made it a fan contest.
    frogboy4 likes this.
  8. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

That's actually pretty good... problem with me is a F.R.I.E.N.D.S. parody seems too dated to be fresh, but not quite old enough to be classic. Plus, let's face it... when everyone else has the same idea and executes it poorly, it does cheapen the better efforts. It is unfortunate that your piece fell into the same pile as a clumsily fan arty parody that ran out of girls and used Wanda.
  9. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

wow! that's very sweet! :)
    oscarthegrouch likes this.
  10. Puckrox

Puckrox Well-Known Member

I got one of the two shirts I ordered on threadless today! Hopefully the other one will come sometime soon, but I'm definitely going to be wearing the one I do have to my fourth The Muppets screening tomorrow. :)
    frogboy4 likes this.
  11. KermieBaby47

KermieBaby47 Well-Known Member

Oh MAN!! Why is my size ALWAYS sold out when I actually have money, and it's ON SALE TOO!! :( Dang, dang, DANG!! :D
  12. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

Awwww. :sympathy: They do seem to keep stocking it. Keep checking back and maybe check in Target stores. I've heard confirmation that they've been spotted there too. ;)
    KermieBaby47 and theprawncracker like this.
  13. nerohens

nerohens New Member

Wow! These are really nice printed and attractive. Congrates for having them, I can't wait to get it.
    frogboy4 likes this.
  14. The Count

The Count Moderator Staff Member

Hey guys... I'm trying to buy myself one of the Muppetational Mosaic T-shirts. Would like it if my purchase helped MC in some way. So, is there alink available for me to follow and make the shirt mine in time for Christmas? Thanks.
  15. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

The link i sent should work: http://thrdl.es/p/3120 but just in case, just go to www.threadless.com and type Muppetational Mosaic into the search field. It should pop right up.
  16. The Count

Hey Jamie. I actually scrolled down through the headings on the FB link and saw my prefered size of XL was sold out, so too the 2XL. So I guess that's that. Thanks for your help though. :search:

*Drops off double chocolate 15 (1+5) cookies for the frogboy. :insatiable:
  17. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

Aw, I'm sorry. They'll certainly be back in stock, but might have to be an Easter gift. ;)
  18. The Count

Hmm... That might be just in time to go along with the single DVD release of the movie which I will definitely add to its brothers on my shelf. :jim:
    frogboy4 likes this.