1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Threadless Muppet T-Shirt Design Challenge

Discussion in 'Muppet Merchandise' started by Pork, Jun 1, 2011.

1. TimmyMonsterIL

TimmyMonsterIL Active Member

Does anyone who has entered know if Threadless owns the submissions once they're put on their website? If they don't, I think contestants should be able to submit their designs to redbubble.com.

I know the shirts submitted to teefury.com end up there once their 24 hour sales day has concluded.

It's a great website that allows independent artists to sell prints or t-shirts. I'm not sure of their submission process, but I know they have Muppet designs already.

I was very happy with my "Wocka Wocka Orange" Fozzie parody tee I got from them.

http://www.redbubble.com/people/krisvahl/t-shirts/5857617-fozzie-droog
    frogboy4 likes this.
  2. Psammeadboi

Psammeadboi Active Member

I submitted my design about a week ago. It was doing well in the first few days. Any "5" votes are appreciated.

I've been a long time muppet artist, but I've never taken the time to really submit work anywhere. This was the little extra oomph I needed to make that happen.

Vote here:
    http://disney.threadless.com/themuppets/submission/463/

I like doing pencil drawings, so this started as pencil drawings that were later scanned and colored in photoshop. I really tried to capture the characters' looks and feel from the The Muppet Show era, using source material such as The Muppet Movie and select episodes of The Muppet Show.

The story on the shirt is that Miss Piggy has decided to take center stage, as usual, atop the The Muppets Logo. As the logo starts to tilt under her weight, her friends are there to support her, quite literally! It was really important for me to include the classic core characters working together and really displaying their friendship (the theme of the shirt).Friends support you no matter what and the show must go on!

Thanks and enjoy!
  3. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

It's pretty and I like that Scooter's in it!! :cool:

Great design!! And of course I dig the line art. ;)
  4. rowlfy662

rowlfy662 Active Member

these are all great i just wish they would stop decling mine and the email from them for the one i posted was a slap to the face your image needs work but i shall try again
  5. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

Finally went through every design on there, nice! Been feeling a little depressed lately, but seeing all those wonderful inspired designs cheered me up a bit.

Btw, anyone know how long it takes for them to approve your submission for scoring once you've submitted?
  6. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

Just 5d ya!
  7. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

Aww thanks Jamie! Shelfishly I'm hoping the monster entropy wins, as I must have that shirt...though technical/marketing wise the Kermit head should win.

Anyways, thanks to advice from Jamie, here is my last minute submission:
    Big Mean Carl with Penguins!
    http://disney.threadless.com/themuppets/submission/1330/
  8. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

Hmm, how come no one has done Pepe? Seems like most the designs are focused specifically on TMS...also surprised there's no Rizzo either. I did see one that had a Frackle, Muppaphone, Uncle Deadly, Snowths and even Droop!

Thinking back to DW's controversial post about Muppet comic artist politics, I definitely am seeing a lot of people who should be illustrating Muppets for a living!
  9. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

i
    I put Pepe right by Kermit on mine. A few of them have him in them. Black Prawn is particularly funny. Some people just have so much hate for Pepe. I don't get it because I love me some prawn!
    [​IMG]
    extreme closeup!​
  10. TSSD

TSSD Active Member

Wasn't there a Black Swan parody with Pepe?
  11. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

droop! Also seeing a closeup of the mosaic detail is quite nifty!
    frogboy4 likes this.
  12. j3h

j3h Active Member

Frogboy, your mosaic is absolutely amazing! Please let me know if you ever make prints...I'd much rather proudly display it on my wall than in my laundry :)

Earlier today I made a last minute submission, but so far it hasn't shown up on the site...about how long does it usually take for an entry to become visable for rating? I don't expext to win or anything, but I wanted to give my favorite muppet a little bit of the spotlight.
  13. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

Aw thanks! Will do. This thing took over a total of 24 hours to research, draw and draft.

Your composition will likely upload on the site tomorrow morning sometime between 9 to noon. Looking forward to seeing yours and all of tomorrow's new ones!! I wouldn't worry. I think they only upload designs Mon-Fri before 5 pm. I keep wondering if the cut-off is tonight or tomorrow night. It doesn't really have and adequate countdown clock.
  14. Mr.Penguin

Mr.Penguin Member

The cut-off is tomorrow night! It just changed to "The Deadline Is Today" at 12. :excited: I've been watching it since I sent my design off at 8 (which I can't wait to post), because the waiting for the notification scared me. There's still a little time left for anyone else then.

:zany:
  15. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

Hi! I'll be showing an up-close segment of my design every day until the contest is up. And please help me out with your vote. Thanks!!​
    Enjoy!​
    [​IMG]
    How many Muppets do you see?​
    Mr.Penguin likes this.
  16. j3h

j3h Active Member

See why I want a Lithograph print of Frogboy4's incredible art? my friends and I could stare at this all day playing spot the muppet...I'm afraid on a t-shirt, that will lead to poking (ie: "oh, and there's Clifford!" *belly poke*) and me giggling like the pilsburry doughboy :D:oops:
    frogboy4 likes this.
  17. Mr.Penguin

Mr.Penguin Member

18. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

I'm proud of all my ones:) Wow, still a day left...hmmm, might submit my other design image afterall
  19. j3h

j3h Active Member

Sigh, I got the rejection email saying my entry was not up to snuff. I'm stuck at work till pretty late tonight, so I won't be able make alterations...though I honestly don't know what I would do differently. if it's ok with you guys, I would like to post what my entry was in this thread later on when I'm not posting from my phone ;)
  20. RedPiggy

RedPiggy Well-Known Member

LOL ... I actually wouldn't mind a t-shirt of j3h's avatar. :)
    j3h likes this.