1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 49
    Sesame Street's 49th season officially began Saturday November 17 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Threadless Muppet T-Shirt Design Challenge

Discussion in 'Muppet Merchandise' started by Pork, Jun 1, 2011.

1. Psammeadboi

Psammeadboi Well-Known Member

The voting is winding down to the final days. Sadly, my designs have not made it to the popular page, but I have some faith in myself. I truly hope my love for the Muppets shows through my art. To check them out again, see below:

http://atrium.threadless.com/themuppets/submission/1515/

http://atrium.threadless.com/themuppets/submission/463/

These are truly original drawings of the characters, starting from completely scratch, pencil and paper.

I'll keep my fingers crossed! Good luck to everyone!!!

Mr.Penguin likes this.
  2. TimmyMonsterIL

TimmyMonsterIL Well-Known Member

I'm pulling for Frogboy's design. I saw it come up on its first day for voting and gave up on the design I was working on bc I knew I would rather wear that one instead of mine! LOL

BUT, I still think a lot of these designs would make great shirts! Especially the shirts sitting in 2nd-5th right now!

Did anyone here design the Muppet Balloon shirt with all the Muppet head balloons? It's GREAT!!!

I would love to see that one and more be put up on http://www.redbubble.com/shop/t-shirts

We could all use more Muppet fan art shirts!!!

3. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

Aw thanks! You totally should have entered! I wanna see your design now.

Here's today's glimpse at another section of the line art. This one's got Waldo!
    [​IMG]

Mr.Penguin likes this.
  4. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

The two Threadless Muppet Challenge discussions have been merged together.

Congratulations to everyone who has entered! The designs are inspiring.

KermieBaby47, TSSD and frogboy4 like this.
  5. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

So I'm still wondering..."The Muppets: The Green Album"...What IS that exactly?

6. Mr.Penguin

Mr.Penguin Well-Known Member

I can't find any official information on it, but on Muppet Wiki it mentions that it's possibly this Muppets Revisited album of covers of Muppet songs with a new name. It's probably almost definitely that....probably.

frogboy4 likes this.
  7. Mr.Penguin

Oh, for anyone who's interested, here's the full list of characters in my picture, and a better view of it! I can't do the close-ups like Frogboy (and wouldn't want to take his idea anyway :oops:), so here it is all at once. :D
    [​IMG]
    Thog, Blue Frackle, "Whatnot" (from this comic), Gorgon Heap, Scudge, Graffiti Muppets, Calico, Luncheon Counter Monster, Billy the Bear, Anthony and Fern (from "Hurting Something" on The Jim Henson Hour), Beautiful Day Monster, Rats, Bubba the Rat, Masterson Rat, Chester Rat, The Swedish Chef, One of the Gills Brothers, Beauregard and his mop Belleregard, Turkey from Muppet Family Christmas, Andy and Randy Pig, Banana Nose Maldano, Joe Snow, The Snowman from Muppet Family Christmas, Yoda Muppet from A Very Merry Muppet Christmas, Clifford, Leon, Yolanda Rat, Baskerville the Hound, Lew Zealand, Zelda Rose and her Singing Owl, Baab, Muppet Show ram, Righton Bird, Youknow Bird, Spamela Hamderson, Leroy, T.R. Rooster, Rover Joe, Catgut, Ohreally Bird, Forcryingoutloud Bird, Whaddayasay Bird, Ohboy Bird, Whatnot dancer from Sex & Violence, Trumpet Girl, Robot Rabbit, Xomfrey and Melg (the Stalks from Sex & Violence), The Snowths, Mahna Mahna, Tom, Dick and Harry, Muppy, Gramps, Bubba, Lubbock Lou, Lou, Slim Wilson, Wayne and Wanda, Johnny Fiama and Sal, Fozzie's Cousin, The Undertaker, Muppet Show Eel, Sam and Friends Kermit the Frog, Cigar Box Frackle, Droop, The Lautrec Sisters, "Gonzo" (also from this comic), Two Merdlidops, Statler and Waldorf, Male and Female Koozebanians, Koozebanian baby, Java creatures, Koozbanian Foob, Gray Whatnot from The Muppet Show, Miss Poogy, The Muppet Show's Nigel, Eugene from Muppets Tonight, a prarie dog, Mrs. Dilber, The Laundress, Muppet Show cow, Bernie the Bunny (or "The Easter Bernie"), Mary Louise, Feather Duster, Loud female dancer, Mildred Huxtetter, Two of The Raggmopps, The Queen, Flash, Bobby Benson, Zondra, Digit, Chip, Ubu, Vicki from The Jim Henson Hour, Beard, Generic Pigs, Dr. Strangepork, Bobo Generic Chickens, Generic Pengiun, Winky Pinkerton (hatless), Ubergonzo, Maureen the Mink, Beth the Bear, Mary Louise and Crocodile, Leo, Bob, Jerry, Frank, Jim, Ronald Duck, Mickey Moose with mouse ears, Lenny the Lizard, Quongo, The Paul Williams Muppets, An Andy Williams Muppet, Juliet Prowse Muppet, Taminella Grinderfall, Prime Minister, One of the Elvises, Waldo C. Graphic, Sclrap Flyapp creatures, Hugga Wugga, Iggy Wiggy, Happy Yellow Creature, Annie Sue, Bean Bunny, Animal, Lips, Rat from The Muppets, Floyd Pepper, Link Hogthrob, Miss Mousey, Janice, Zoot, Scooter, Dr. Teeth, The Muppet Glee Club, Pepe, Rizzo, Uncle Deadly, Walter, Rowlf, Gonzo and Camilla, Rizzo the Rat, Robin the Frog, Kermit the Frog, Miss Piggy, Dr. Bunsen Honeydew and Beaker and Sam the Eagleand Crazy Harryon the back. (and the "80's robot" on the little Muppet Labs logo)

KermieBaby47 and frogboy4 like this.
  8. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

Friday's closer look at my original lineart...

[​IMG]

KermieBaby47, TSSD and Mr.Penguin like this.
  9. Mr.Penguin

Hey, George the Janitor, I didn't see him in there! He looks so...profound there. :attitude:

Oh, and here's the optional back or sleeve design I did just for fun, I just put it on the slide because I didn't have enough time to incorporate it anywhere else. :confused::eek:

[​IMG]

KermieBaby47 and frogboy4 like this.
  10. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

Saturday's closer look at my original lineart...​
    [​IMG]

Mr.Penguin likes this.
  11. KermieBaby47

KermieBaby47 Well-Known Member

Mr. P. - YOU DA MAN!!! I voted a 5 for your design even before I saw that it was from a fellow MC'er, really beautiful piece! :D

And Jamie, really lovin' the close-ups dude! Naturally, as Rowlf is my FAVORITE Muppet, I adore him the most (next to Kermie of course), and I love that Robin is sitting atop his head. Perfection.

I hope our Muppets hot-streak continues!! This is really great, it hasn't felt like this for a looooooooong time. I do believe that Jim is smiling somewhere.

Mr.Penguin and frogboy4 like this.
  12. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

As of now there are only 24 more hours left to vote on the shirts.
    [​IMG]

KermieBaby47, TSSD and Mr.Penguin like this.
  13. Mr.Penguin

Thank you!!!! :excited::D

And definitely :halo:

KermieBaby47 likes this.
  14. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

So many great entries. I wish there could be multiple winners (at least four). Many of these need to be t-shirts.

15. satay chicken

satay chicken Member

I'm so blown away by the amount of talent in this comp. frogboy4, you're leading the race! Well done! :D

My design is really simple, but has somehow made it into the top 12 :excited: If anyone wants to help me get it into the top 10, I'd be the happiest Muppeteer around! Seriously, I really don't expect to win with the calibre of designs that are currently leading; I'm just so excited to be on the 'popular' page!

Anywho, this is my design, The Paintbow Connection. Again, great work everyone!

frogboy4 likes this.
  16. Reevz1977

Reevz1977 Well-Known Member

Jamie, I got the whole family registering on Threadless - you will win ;) if only I could get everyone who gave me a 1 to give you a 5 you'd have it in the bag! ! Best of luck!!!

17. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

Thanks much!!! I expected this score dip to happen so much sooner. That's what's kind of crushing right now. I started it's own thread, but here's a medium-resolition desktop pattern for all Muppet fans. Win or lose, I did this thing that's kind of cool and actually feels complete to me.

I will now hop in the shower and go 5 blocks to City Hall to experience an hour of the madness that is San Francisco Pride. I'm sure to get a few supportive hugs there. :eek:

[​IMG]

KermieBaby47 likes this.
  18. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

1. Aw, I couldnt make it out to Pridefest, really wanted to as a number of people I know are going.

2. I so hope you win!

19. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

Oh James, I've been behind you the whole way with this! I mean, you've been so involved with the Muppets for so long now, you totally deserve this break! If anyone hasn't voted Jamie's top, do it now! The design is gorgeous and so deserving!

20. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

How can you tell who is number one at the moment?

Also I just found Toughpigs wrote about my design
    Code:
    I find Big Mean Carl to be hilarious, mainly because he’s so deranged.  I could totally see him “befriending” two headphone-wearing penguins who are just waiting for the moment when Carl decides to have a snack.  It’s a Muppet moment worthy of t-shirt immortalization.

My rating: 4
    d'aw! http://www.toughpigs.com/threadless-5/