Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland Teaser Trailer

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Here it is. I hear they have some great displays at the con. It all looks so promising. Burton and Alice are a good fit. :sing: :flirt:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for posting that Jamie. I'm as psyched for this, perhaps moreso than HBP. Speaking of which, if you search for Alice in Wonderland at Muppet Wiki, the Connections section lists some of the cast for this movie including...
Steven Frye as the Cheshire Cat, don't know him or his work.
Count Doku (Christopher Lee) as the Griffin.
Bellatrix Lestrange (Helena Bonnam Carter) as the Queen of Hearts/Red Queen amalgam character.
Professor Severus Snape (Alan Rickman) as the Caterpillar.
And of corpse, Johnny Depp as the Hatter.

Can't wait almost a whole year for this!

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
My cousin sent me the first trailer the other day. I can't say I'm fully engrossed by the film yet, but I'm pretty excited. Perfect Tim Burton-ness. Can't wait. :excited:

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
Wasn't the greatest trailer IMO but I am really looking forward to this movie. Alice is right in Burton's wheelhouse. And Depp should be great as well.

JaniceFerSure

Reaction score
Stephen Fry was a comedic partner with television's House M.D. Hugh Laurie. To quote Wikipedia:

"Stephen Fry and Hugh Laurie are a successful English comedy double act mostly active in the 1980s and 1990s. Having met in 1980 through mutual friend Emma Thompson (whilst all attended the University of Cambridge, Fry and Laurie have since collaborated on numerous projects together, including Jeeves and Wooster in which Laurie portrayed Bertie Wooster and Fry portrayed Wooster's valet Jeeves They have also gained prominence through their performances in Blackadder as well as their own sketch show A Bit of Fry and Laurie."

Stephen Fry was also the voice of the Librarian in MirrorMask.

I hope this helps Count, my friend. :smile:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Of corpse it helps Lady D. Still haven't seen any of Frye's stuff though. And three-minute trailers like these are designed to merely build hype... But I'm so rully looking forward to this, and Castlevania if that gets going.

JaniceFerSure

Reaction score
I'm very happy to see that Tim Burton is using characters from The Looking Glass. I am looking forward to seeing this, I have watched all of the movie versions of Alice in Wonderland; I can't wait to see Tim Burton's visual imagination come to life. :crazy:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Yep... March 2010 is a good release date for it, that'll play into the Hatter's Hare-brained schemes nicely.
BTW: The best/most complete version of both stories I've ever seen was the star-studded 1985 2-part TV movie.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
BTW: The best/most complete version of both stories I've ever seen was the star-studded 1985 2-part TV movie.
Oh that version was wonderful, so grand in scale, very intimate and sweet yet at times quite disturbing. It's always fun seeing well known grown up actors playing fantasy roles for children. You can imagine this is how they behave when playing make believe with their own kids, lol. And it's like they're willing to make fun of themselves for awhile and essentially play the child, while the child (Alice) is the more mature character!

I was also a huge fan of Disney's Adventures in Wonderland. Actually a very successful attempt at making Alice in Wonderland hip for the '90s, hehe. I wish they'd release that on DVD!

It will be interesting to see how this new film fits into all this!

Fluffets

Reaction score
I can't believe some of you barely know who stephen fry is! I myself know of him from watching Q.I, a quiz show with some funny bits too and he hosts it, also I have heard that more recently he's also done Stephen Fry in america which I have not been bothered to see yet, I imagine it will be quite amusing to (presumabely) voice the cat, as he has such a large, booming voice and yet the cat is quite a silly-acting character, Matt lucas as tweedle-dee and tweedle-dum will probably be just as fun to watch as watching him in the Andy and Lou sketches in Little Britain, I imagine he'll be brilliant in it, as he did a good portrayal of Mr Toad in a BBC human version of Wind In The Willows, and Johny Depp as the mad hatter sort of reminds me of his version of Willy Wonka in charlie and the chocolate factory, not many people in america will know as much about Matt Lucas and Stephen Fry though as they are british actors:attitude:. This looks good but it has a bit of an odd trailer I think because it makes it look almost like a movie like 300 because they just HAD to put it to "action" music, not exploration music or something, but overall I'm quite excited, especially to have Matt Lucas and Stepehn Fry in it, you americans out there deserve it, its only fair because we have to have so much american stuff crammed into our heads!:smirk::smile: