Tim Hill to Direct WALTER THE FARTING DOG

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Need I say more about this article?

From "Muppets From Space" and "Alvin & the Chipmunks" to farting animals. I guess he's just taken all of those pesky story elements out of his movies and he's just going with the poop jokes. :grouchy:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Really Mr. Hill, really? Come on, quit ruining your directoral career. I know Muppet Freaks bash MFS, but it was truly one of the better modern-day Muppet movies... the AATC movie was okay, but obviously the personalities of the characters were changed too much from the original to make them appealing to modern-day audiences... Hop was... an AATC knock-off... now this? Come on, you can do better than this. You used to do Rocko for Pete's sake! But then again, so did Stephen Hillenberg, and he went on to create one of the stupidest things ever to grace pop culture.

SSLFan

Reaction score
Normally I don't say stuff like this, but this thing BETTER bomb.:smirk: Who in their right mind would pay to see something this distasteful anyway?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Who in their right mind would pay to see something this distasteful anyway?
Probably the same people whp throw their money away on all these low-brow, slap-stick, crotch-kick, sheet-tangling Jason Segel, Paul Rudd, Zack G. movies that surprisingly keep getting 3 and 4 star ratings for reasons unknown, other than people who review movies these days must have the I.Q. of houseplants.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Is anyone really surprised a terrible director is making a terrible movie?

Really?

At least Tim Hill got his hands on something that A) cuts to the quick of his humor and B) isn't beloved anyway.

If this wasn't based on a terribly written, poorly draw kid's book, I'd almost expect him to make a movie called "Walter the eating feces Dog."

"relax Dave, it's just a raisin..."

the heck with that.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I read the synopsis of the book.

It's a complete and utter ripoff of Martha Speaks, in so much as there's a burglar break in that gets solved by the character's special talent.

Now, I gotta tell you, a bad children's book getting made into a bad movie with a bad director. It's so bad, there's nothing even to complain about. We aren't seeing someone ruin a beloved favorite, we aren't getting a potentially good film in the hands of a bad director... it's just a big cycle of bad. The only thing good is the Jonahses won't be in it, and that's because they weren't all that big to begin with.

Plus... come on. Talking dog movie. A movie about a talking dog will ALWAYS be a movie about a farting dog. So basically, this is just another one of those films.

I can say more bad stuff about The Polar Express or Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs, which ruined perfectly good beloved kids' books. But those were well written, well drawn, and frankly, they had vague stories that don't translate anyway. Cloudy's just a tale of an unexplained phenomenon told by a grandfather. Even Shrek was closer to the book (at least so much the fact the ogre didn't want to be a monster, the Donkey being a pariah, and the Princess being an ogre all along... even though completely different).