Time for a Resolution!

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
What's funny is that when the new year comes people start to make resolutions, which I think is a dumb idea. I think if people want to make a resolution that they make it and do it regardless on what month or special event like new years. But the funny thing is a lot of people make resolution and after a week or two people stop caring about their resolutions.

My advice, if you want to change something about you, change it. Don't get lazy and stop doing it after awhile. (I was speaking about everybody in general, not just on this website.) Okay I'm done! :big_grin:

ryan

homerthegreat

Reaction score
Whatever said:
I never make resolutions just for the new year. I make them as I need them, and break them for the same reason.
Sounds like me.

DanDanStrawberry

Reaction score
Shall we revive this fabulouso thread in accordance with the fact it is new year's eve

2006:
  • Stop talking about people behind their back
  • Stop being presumptious and judging
  • Marry Madonna
  • Record several albums with Madonna
  • Father Madonna's next child
  • Start auditioning for more stuff
  • Spend less time online

F

furryredmonster

2006:

1) Not be online as much and spend more time with the family

2) Eat healthier is my main concern. I am going to die from no protein and other nutrients if I don't start eating better.

And that is really all this year... oh and stop making jokes about my mom

DanDanStrawberry

Reaction score
Oh yeah, eat healthier and do more excersise. Give up the drugs too. And stop talking to the voices in my h...oh, I said too much...

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
Get a girlfriend...........

That's a tough one right there.

ryan

F

furryredmonster

Eeeekk... got another one. Someone on an animal rights forum talked me into not drinking as much dairy because it is bad for my health... sooo

3) not make jokes bout my mom

4) Cut down on dairy uhhhh...

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
I don't always make resolutions because I almost never keep them, but there are two things I'm going to work on in 2006.

Stop worrying so much: I have an issue with things I can't control and I end up really worrying about them sometimes. I have some major changes in my life coming up this year (getting married, moving out of my parents house) and it's only going to work well if I stop worrying about every little thing

Not feel guilty about things: I can't say no, it's one of my biggest things. I never want to hurt someone's feelings and I feel guilty when I can't do something for someone. It's time for me to stop doing this so I can have a little peace for myself!

:smile: I guess these are actual resolutions, but I'm really going to try and make them work!

Ziffel

Reaction score
Here's a few things to help with those two resolutions, redBoobergurl:

Phil. 4:6,7 ; 1 Pet. 5:7 ; Rom. 8:1 ; John 14:27. :wink:

Also it's good to see so many people mention "being online less" as a resolution. When I first got my computer in 2002, having all this access to so much information was so awesome but I was spending way too much time on the comp! Used to be the same with football. I felt like I was watching too much (sometimes would watch 3 full games on Sundays [about 9 hours]). And with video games as a teen it's amazing how the hours would suddenly fly by. I guess with anything fun and good in itself, it's also good to have balance and self-discipline.

And the ol' weight loss is yet again something I must include as a personal resolution for this year. And hope to improve in procrastinating less. And also to grow more in my spiritual walk with the Lord (of course, there's always going to be room for growing). Heh heh, so I need to grow more spiritually and grow less bodily!