Timestamps are wrong

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Hey Phil,

something is very weird on my end with the timestamps on people's posts. It's saying that there are posts being made at 5pm today when it's only 1pm still!

Also, I replied to a thread and wanted to edit my post. Then I noticed that there were two replies after me so I just added a new reply, but my NEW posts went right underneath my old one, with the other two replies underneath still! It was really weird, I've never seen the forum do that.
It was the Movie Name Quotes! thread . What I see is, my first post at 12:51PM, then my second at 12:54PM, then Sylinde Bren's post at 03:48PM, then cherrypotion27's post at 04:51PM.

I wasn't sure if this was a problem that you are aware of or if it's something new but I thought I would share, because it's kind of odd and I'm having trouble finding what are new posts and what aren't because of it. :/

Skye

Reaction score
Yeah, for me, the time started to go all wonky last night. I have no idea why it did, though. It was like, the site was down for me last night for about a half an hour and when I got back on it, the time was all crazy (at the bottom of the page where it usually says the time, it said the time was about 3:00 in the afternoon when it was really 11:30 at night for me). Now, that time is back to normal, but I have noticed that some of the posts are really nuts with the times when they were posted and everything, too. It's such a weird problem. I hope it can get fixed soon!

Winslow Leach

Reaction score
Yeah, for me, the time started to go all wonky last night. I have no idea why it did, though. It was like, the site was down for me last night for about a half an hour and when I got back on it, the time was all crazy. And I have noticed that some of the posts are really nuts with the times when they were posted and everything, too. It's such a weird problem. I hope it can get fixed soon!
Same here. I couldn't log into MC last night for about 45 minutes to an hour. When I finally did get on, the time was, as you put it, Skye, wonky. And some of the posts are jumbled, not in the order they were originally posted. Keerazy stuff.

On the other hand, nuts are yummy. Especially almonds.

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Okay, well, do we know what's causing it? Are we all in the same timezones and does it change with different timezones, or something? In my timezone it's 2:07 right now.

Also it's worth noting that when I search for new posts,it shows me only up until the current time for me, but in some threads, there are posts that have timestamps that are later than the current time, that aren't showing up in the search.

Winslow Leach

Reaction score
Okay, well, do we know what's causing it? Are we all in the same timezones and does it change with different timezones, or something? In my timezone it's 2:07 right now.
I have 2:14 PM right now.

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Yeah, so if we're in the same timezone, that's probably why these posts are in the right order. :/

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hey guys. It's been happening elsewhere too, in the Proposed Sesame Street figures and another thread Cindy and I noticed the problem as well.
Rest assured Phil already knows about this and is attempting to fix it.

Boy, first the ellipsis and now the time-stamps. What's next? No, don't answer that! Or Bo and Prawny will come charging in and declare this a second warsite! Help us Kermit from such a fate!
*Runs out of thread to Erin's fall-out shelter/bunker.

Luke

Reaction score
One thing i've noticed for years (seeing as we are bringing these things up) is that the forum software shows people as logged in on the list for way too long after people have left the site - right now it shows up over 530 guests viewing the forum and about 40 members, and most of these people left the site hours ago. It's a useful feature for knowing who's online (especially when private messaging) but it detracts from it if the people who you want to contact aren't really here. Not that it matters much, just an observation.

muppetperson

Reaction score
It is not only the time, but also out of reply sequince.When I replied to a post,and someone already put a post inbetween, my reply jumped back to be next to the post that I was replying too, in stead of being after the last post.