TMNT Season 9 coming to DVD

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I read that after two years of waiting season 9 of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles is coming to DVD this august (I think the 16th). We'll have one more season to go after this.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Ah yes... the season when the writers knew they were going to get fired, came up with a bunch of stupid convoluted plot twists and concepts, and dumped it all on poor Jeffery Scott that had to CONTINUE that stuff... I mean, ultimate mutations? That Dragon guy? Writing off Shredder and Krang for one dimensional stereotypical space villains?

That was pretty vindictive for the writers to do that.

The 5 episodes on the first DVD release are all the season 10 I need... might get season 9, though.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Ah yes... the season when the writers knew they were going to get fired, came up with a bunch of stupid convoluted plot twists and concepts, and dumped it all on poor Jeffery Scott that had to CONTINUE that stuff... I mean, ultimate mutations? That Dragon guy? Writing off Shredder and Krang for one dimensional stereotypical space villains?
Lol true, even as a kid I could barely watch those episodes, it was too painful. You could tell all was not well.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
The 5 episodes on the first DVD release are all the season 10 I need... might get season 9, though.
The episodes I'm most interested in are the ones NOT available as bonus features. Mainly the three-parter where Shredder and Krang return, and the last episode where the turtles use Krang's android body to defeat Dregg for good.

I read on the TV Tropes website that the disapearance of Shredder and Krang in the last two seasons was due to network interference. Anybody know if that's true? I don't know how reliable TV Tropes is.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Lol true, even as a kid I could barely watch those episodes, it was too painful. You could tell all was not well.
I LOVE the 80's Turtles and all, but the only episodes I don't wanna watch are the BAD half of the third season and season 10.

Seriously, HOW many episodes from the 3rd season had to deal with some cartoony alien and Shredder trying to steal his technology?

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Seriously, HOW many episodes from the 3rd season had to deal with some cartoony alien and Shredder trying to steal his technology?
Hmm, can you remind me of an example? I'm not always good with what episode was in what season, lol.

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
I was happy to hear that despite i don't like the "red sky" episodes. they should just combine season 9 and 10 on a two disk set and be done with it, but oh well. it would be nice if they could some how put that two part Planet of the Turtleoids and Once Upon a Time Machine on dvd as a bonus so we could get the complete series. Kermas ep's are outta place with out it.:sympathy:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Hmm, can you remind me of an example? I'm not always good with what episode was in what season, lol.
There were two episodes with the Polaroizarians, who had cameras that took people along with pictures. Can't remember what they did in the second episode, but he had an annoying cartoonish family the second time around. Then there was one about some mystic sword, and it turns out it was owned by an alien... Oh... then there was "Invasion of the Turtle Snatchers" where aliens left a toy near a nuclear plant, and it was going to blow everything up.... April stopped it from melting down by taking out the batteries.

It's clear in season 3, the first season with a MAJOR episode order ( Season 1 was the 5 episode pilot series, season 2 only had 13), they had a LOT of scripts to write and a short deadline to meet them.

And April in Love never got produced... :boo:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
There were two episodes with the Polaroizarians, who had cameras that took people along with pictures. Can't remember what they did in the second episode, but he had an annoying cartoonish family the second time around. Then there was one about some mystic sword, and it turns out it was owned by an alien... Oh... then there was "Invasion of the Turtle Snatchers" where aliens left a toy near a nuclear plant, and it was going to blow everything up.... April stopped it from melting down by taking out the batteries.
Hmm, yeah true they did go a little space happy for awhile, lol. I didn't mind those episodes too much, but of course there were better ones. :wink:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Yeah... like Cowabunga Shredhead and Corporate Raiders from Dimension X.

Thing that bugs me about the alien episodes is that, yeah, there were aliens in the comics. But they didn't even put the Triceritons in the show until... I dunno which season, but it was a pretty late season. And only for one episode. If there are 3 characters that the new show has over the old one in terms of usage it's Casey Jones, Usagi Yojimbo and the Triceritons.

I hope (but I completely and utterly doubt they will) Nickelodeon releases the 4Kids series. They own the rights to that one. They just didn't get the rights to the Wolf studios one... that's probably why there was a 2 year delay.