TMNT the new movie Anyone interested

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
Frankly I love it, merely for the fact that they're going back to their original comedic roots! And yes, yes...the comic wasn't so light-hearted, but dang it, I grew up on the TMNT Saturday morning cartoon. And I've watched the latest incarnations, and I'm....well I just didn't like it. It also kinda freaked me out how you couldn't see their eyes either. Like their pupils. Just it was all white.

I don't like that Splinter is blondish-orange, but you just gotta roll with it sometimes.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I have been hearing about the movie for a couple years now, and I really am interrested. I will say, CGi is going to be the way to go. Puppets are too expensive, and well... I don't like something being half real actors half CGI (Star Wars Prequals for example).

Anyway, I fell that since the newer series falls back on the comic book, there won't be such a jarring affect of having the Turtles get different personalities, unlike the first movies and the old cartoon show. Plus, the new cartoon series introduced the character Karai (Shredder's adopted daughter who appears in the movie), so kids who watch the series won't be totally confused. And Casey Jones is in it.

I dearly do love the old series as much as the new one (not Fast Forward, though) but the lack of Casey Jones isn't endearing to me as an adult. Casey was only on like 2 episodes. And he's my favorite non-Turtle.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Meepsterboy said:
Splinter was some sort of puppet, I think, but the Turtles were animatronic suits, the precursors of the kind used in Dinosaurs. And remember: the "real" Turtles killed the live action franchise with TMNT III and Next Mutation (yeah, I know that wasn't Henson, but it was "real" turtles.).
But you see... the turtles live-action franchises were killed whenever Henson wasn't involved.:smile:

I am starting to get tired of computer animation. It was cool back in 1995, when movies like Toy Story and Casper used it, but now it is used in too many animated movies. It's not as special anymore. But I do look forward to the Turtles new movie. I hope that this and The Simpsons Movie get nominations for "best animated picture".

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Drtooth said:
I dearly do love the old series as much as the new one (not Fast Forward, though) but the lack of Casey Jones isn't endearing to me as an adult. Casey was only on like 2 episodes. And he's my favorite non-Turtle.
It seems to me like Casey Jones was hardly ever on the original series. I wonder why. He was so major in the first and thrid movies (I wonder why he wasn't in the second movie... my guess is because of that pizza guy who hung out with ther turtles, whose role is a bit similar).

MrsPepper

Reaction score
minor muppetz said:
(I wonder why he wasn't in the second movie... my guess is because of that pizza guy who hung out with the turtles, whose role is a bit similar).
I'm pretty sure his name was Keno. He was an asian karate teenage pizza boy with a mullet, and I definitely had a huge crush on him when I was about 7. :embarrassed:

muppetwriter

Reaction score
TMNT was the very first comic book that I got into, mostly because of the cartoon series in the 90s. Since then, I've gotten into everything related to the Turtles, from toys to video games and even the movies. I went to see the third film on my birthday in 1993.

So, yeah. I'm definitely interested in seeing this one.:smile:

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
My Cousin has the very fisrt Comic book for 1983, and it's the addition without color.

muppetwriter

Reaction score
Mirage Studios has that issue posted on their official TMNT website. It's pretty cool, if not pretty violent.

The one where they first met April O'Neil is cool as well (it's also on the site). Just like the first episode of the original cartoon, except it involves Baxter Stockman and April is his assistant instead of a news reporter.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
I've seen that on that site! And your right, it is pretty violent. It funny how Jim henson didn't believe in viloence and in the media, too. So he was kinda conflicted weather he should be involved in Ninja turtles. But sense the movie was just like fantasy violence, he decided he was okay with it. Much the way a Looney Toon (A la Carzy Harry) would be.