TMS Outline-Bob Newhart!

P

Princeton

Or "Bad News For Brewsters"
STYLE:1ST SEASON(CIRCA FLORENCE HENDERSON EP)

Opening Number- 2 Whatnots sing "In The Still Of The Night" without moving, not even as a fly lands on their noses!

Backstage- Brewsters is nervous to have a psychiatrist on the show; he's afraid nobody will listen to his wisdom anymore.

Song- Svengali sings "The Way You Do The Things You Do" while making the appropriate props appear (candle, broom, schoolbook, etc.)

Backstage- Bob explains to Brewsters that he only plays a psychiatrist on television, so there's no need to worry. But Brewsters realizes that nobody listens to his anecdotes anyway. Enough's enough; he's leaving!

Song- Bob, Scooter, and Fozzie play soldiers in a foxhole and sing "There's A Long, Long Night A-Waiting".

Wayne & Wanda- W&W are sitting in a garden. Wayne starts singing "All In The Golden Afternoon", hands Wanda a flower, she sniffs it and "Achoo!"

UK Skit- Electic Mayhem, dressed in Shakespearean garb, sings "Brush Up Your Shakespeare".

Muppet News

Newsman- "Here is a Muppet Newsflash! Dateline: Toledo, Ohio. The Toledo Diner employees have all come down with the flu, but refuse to take off work due to possible pay cuts. We take you now to Toledo where cook Rocco Fletcher has more information".

Bob as Rocco appears in monitor- "Well, it's been just awful! All of our dishes and silverware are getting flu germs on them. My favorite pan has started corroding something terrible. Pretty soon, I'll have a dead pan on my hands".

Closing Number- With an uplifting version of "Friendship", Bob persuades Brewsters to stay on the show. Plus, he has a surprise for Brewsters: his very own psychiatrist couch!

Closing Theme

JaniceFerSure

Reaction score
Well done Brian,well written,nice choice of songs and muppets for that episode.

Gorgon Heap

Reaction score
The Brewsters/Guru puppet was used for two different characters: one was Brewster in "The Muppet Valentine Show", the other was "The Guru" in "The Muppet Show: Sex and Violence" and the first season of "The Muppet Show". Which character is he here, the old codger or the guru?

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole

P

Princeton

Gorgon Heap said:
Which character is he here, the old codger or the guru?

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole
The guru; I didn't know that the characters were different, I just thought that the names were used interchangably.

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
Very good. It makes me wonder if Brewsters/Guru could have had potential as a majorly used character. I wonder if Sam would have admired him for his words of uplifting significance for wisdom.

As for my favourite parts Wayne and Wanda AH-CHOO LOL that was simple but very subtil humour. Just one hay-fever based sneeze to spoil that number and also the thought of the Mayhem performing brush up your shakespeare dressed up in appropriate costumes befitting Shakespeare is amusing