TMS outline- Burl Ives!

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
apparently I haven't responded to this yet?

I love it, absolutely love. and since I don't think anyone has mentioned it yet, I'd like to acknowledge Fozzie's opening joke. I liked that.

P

Philip Kippel

A couple more suggestions for you, Dave.

Since the elves in the closing number are the ones from "The Great Santa Claus Switch", I was thinking that you should include Fred the Elf in the goodnights to make things a little more fair.

As for the houses, maybe you could do talking house skits that focus on the two houses on the right for any outlines that you set in late season one, taking place after the Vincent Price episode. Maybe that'd make a little more sense. Even if it means modifying the houses skit in your Ed Wynn outline to make the two houses on the right tell the joke, since it's late season one-based.

And FYI, Timmy Monster did not appear in any muppet productions prior to the Ben Vereen TMS episode. So, perhaps you should replace Timmy with Thig in your outline.

P

Philip Kippel

Who performed the following characters:

-Mary Louise
-Boppity
-Droop
-the whatnot children
-Mildred (in the panel)
-Wayne's mother
-the pig couple
-the Scoffs
-the banana
-the reindeer
-the elves

I suppose that Sexy Muppet and Animal's dance partner would be performed by Eren Ozker and Houses 1 and 2 by John Lovelady and Dave Goelz respectively. Right?

Gorgon Heap

Reaction score
Philip Kippel said:
Who performed the following characters:

-Mary Louise
-Boppity
-Droop
-the whatnot children
-Mildred (in the panel)
-Wayne's mother
-the pig couple
-the Scoffs
-the banana
-the reindeer
-the elves
I'll start with the ones I know right off the bat. Droop is Jerry Nelson, the pig couple are performed by Richard Hunt (they usually were, at least at that time in the season), the Scoffs are John Lovelady and Eren Ozker, and the Banana is John Lovelady. Mildred is performed by Dave Goelz in the panel (like she was in the other all-Oz characters panel sketch, in the Candice Bergen episode- Piggy was played by Richard, Sam by Frank, and Mildred by Dave). The Elves are played by the same men who played them in "The Great Santa Claus Switch" (those who carried over, that is); the others are taken up by the newbies. Let's say Cynthia Adler voices Wayne's mother (ha ha, you didn't think I'd think of that one, did you? Neither did I.)

I suppose that Sexy Muppet and Animal's dance partner would be performed by Eren Ozker and Houses 1 and 2 by John Lovelady and Dave Goelz respectively. Right?
Yes.

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole

P

Philip Kippel

Gorgon Heap said:
Droop is Jerry Nelson,
Reminder: Jerry Nelson didn't perform on the show during this time, since this outline takes place between the Bruce Forsyth and Sandy Duncan episodes. So, someone else would have to do Droop here (maybe Jim, Richard or Eren).

The Elves are played by the same men who played them in "The Great Santa Claus Switch" (those who carried over, that is);
Same with the reindeer, I suppose. Right?

Gorgon Heap

Reaction score
Ack! You caught my slip-up! I had temporarily forgotten about that.

Or to put it another way, he's performed by the same puppeteer who performed him in Sandy Duncan's closing number, "Try to Remember". :big_grin:

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole

P

Philip Kippel

Gorgon Heap said:
Or to put it another way, he's performed by the same puppeteer who performed him in Sandy Duncan's closing number, "Try to Remember". :big_grin:
You mean that he doesn't talk, just sings along. Right?

TotallySpiesFan

Reaction score
Mary Louise: Eren Ozker
Boppity: John Lovelady
the whatnot children: Richard Hunt, Peter Friedman, Rollin Krewson
Wayne's mother: Cynthia Adler
the reindeer: Jim Henson, Frank Oz, John Lovelady, Peter Friedman

And one question, does the opening number feature Dr. Teeth, Zoot and Animal?