TMS outline- Marvin Gaye!

P

Princeton

The Muppet Show with Marvin Gaye
STYLE- 3RD SEASON(CIRCA RAQUEL WELCH EP)
Gonzo- blows trumpet, hears sax note, says "I think I've got the wrong horn!"

Opening Number- Marvin sings "Ain't No Mountain High Enough".

Dressing Room- Wayne is very impressed with Marvin's charisma and wants Marvin to teach him how to win over the audience. Marvin gladly accepts.

Song- Rowlf sings "They Call The Wind Maria".

Muppet Sports- Umbrella Dueling.

UK Skit- Janice sings "Good Morning".

Song- Wayne and Marvin sing "It Takes Two".

Gonzo's Act- Gonzo crosses a tightrope using only his "nose" while juggling chainsaws with his feet.

Closing Number- Wayne and Marvin sing "How Sweet It Is To Be Loved By You", with special appearance by Wanda who swoons over and smothers Wayne with kisses.

Closing Theme

P

Princeton

This is the only one that nobody's replied to yet; initially I was unable to post it, so when I finally tried again, I was very excited.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
This was a good outline. I like the fact that you decided to include Muppet Sports.

P

Princeton

minor muppetz said:
This was a good outline. I like the fact that you decided to include Muppet Sports.
I'm glad you liked Muppet Sports. That was a last minute addition; had to pad it out a little. I only used Muppet Sports one other time in the Bing Crosby outline; just FYI.

Gorgon Heap

Reaction score
Any more backstage stuff going on during this'un? One other question, how does umbrella dueling work? Is it people dueling with umbrellas or living umbrellas dueling each other?

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole

P

Princeton

Gorgon Heap said:
Any more backstage stuff going on during this'un? One other question, how does umbrella dueling work? Is it people dueling with umbrellas or living umbrellas dueling each other?

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole
People dueling with umbrellas.

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
I liked it Brian.
Just as a suggestion could Wayne's meeting with Marvin actually take place somehow during the cold opening however it would be put together.
Maybe Wayne has always admired Marvin's ability to appeal to audiences and asks him to tutor him then. So Wayne and Marvin could be a team right from the beginning with the opening number as well.
Also I love Wanda making a surprise appearance at the end and maybe Sam could also appear and say "I'm so proud of you for the way you worked so well tonight my boy" and Wanda could say "So am I" and kisses him.

If you like my suggestions fair enough but they are only suggestions buddy. After all if you just keep doing everything others tell you to it becomes no longer your own work. I know from my story-writing hobby how very true this is.