TMS outline- Phil Harris!

P

Princeton

STYLE- 4TH SEASON(CIRCA PHYLLIS GEORGE EP)

Cold Opening

Scooter- Phil Harris? Phil Harris? 20 seconds to curtain, Mr. Harris.
Phil- Thank you, Scooter. And make sure Bunsen doesn't touch those fishing lures that Kurt Gowdy sent me. I don't want him fooling around with them in that lab of his.
Scooter- I will personally take care of that for you.
Phil(looks at camera)- How come that idea doesn't set easy with my insides?

Opening Theme

Gonzo- "Dixie" comes out of his trumpet.

Opening Number- Rowlf, Piggy, Beauregard, and Phil, all dressed in Civil War garb, sing "That's What I Like About The South".

Backstage- Piggy complains to Kermit that she didn't have a big enough part in the opening number. Rowlf overhears and says "Just because you're bigger than everyone else doesn't mean you have to have a bigger part, you overrated Virginia ham".

Muppet Labs- Bunsen presents Muppet Labs' Sure-Bait Formula. Animal ate Bunsen's original lures, so in a last minute attempt, Bunsen uses Phil's lures for a demonstration. The problem is that when the formula is applied to the lures, they turn invisible.

Backstage- Bunsen gives the box of lures to Scooter. Scooter opens the box and can't find the lures. When asked, Bunsen says hastily "They're in there, just look." Scooter looks at the camera and says "How am I going to explain this to Phil?"

UK Skit- Clad in tuxedoes, the Electric Mayhem play "Rose Room".

Vet's Hospital- Waldorf is the patient. Dr. Bob is about to operate when the P.A. system says "Will the owner of an orange car with the words 'General Lee' on it report to the lobby immeadiately?" Waldorf hops off the table and says "Excuse me a minute, I have to go put some more money in the meter".

Backstage- Scooter is desperate to fix the lures, so he begs Bunsen to make them visible again. Bunsen says "Certainly" and sprinkles a vial of sea water on the lures and they're good as new. Just then, Phil comes up to Scooter and says "There's my lures, I've been looking for them everywhere. Thanks for taking such good care of them, Scooter".

Closing Number- Phil and Fozzie sing "The Bare Necessities".

Closing Theme

P

Princeton

Comments, anyone? I personally think this is one of my best ones.

Gorgon Heap

Reaction score
It's good, just a little short. One more sketch or song should do it. Maybe it's me, but I have a hard time envisioning the first half of the show ending on "How am I going to explain this to Phil?" and a fade-out. Usually after a line like that, there'd be a regular sketch, like VH, Muppet News, or Pigs in Space, then the commercial. Just my two cents.

Does it show I've studied the format a little too much to be considered a normal human being? :stick_out_tongue:

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole

P

Princeton

Coming Soon:

The Muppet Show with Special Guest Star: RED BUTTONS!!!!!!!!

minor muppetz

Reaction score
This was good. I never thought about having Fozzie sing The Bare Necessities.

P

Princeton

minor muppetz said:
This was good. I never thought about having Fozzie sing The Bare Necessities.
Yeah, it made sense to me because Fozzie was the show's resident bear and Phil Harris immortalized that song as the the voice of Baloo in "The Jungle Book".

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
Very unusual having Waldorf as the patient. But something a little different from the norm is good sometimes. It just makes me wonder why they would ask one of the hecklers to play a part in any sketch on the show and why one of them would agree to do it.

Though technically they did do it a couple of times on the real show and we never questioned it then so why question it in a fan fic?