TMS Outline- Red Buttons!

P

Princeton

Or, "Fozzie's Replacement".

Yes, it's true, Princeton's TMS outlines are back! Needless to say, I hope you like it; and there's plenty more coming up in the future.

STYLE: LATE 1ST SEASON (CIRCA MUMMENSCHANZ EP)

Opening Number- Floyd sings "Heard It In A Love Song".

Backstage- To his horror, Fozzie is being replaced by none other than George the Janitor!

Song- Red works in a jewelry store; customer Piggy walks in and sings "Baubles, Bangles, and Beads".

Dressing Room- Fozzie tells Red about his predicament. Red agrees that it's too bad, but he'll talk to Kermit about keeping Fozzie.

Wayne & Wanda- W&W are sitting in a field; Wanda is wearing a wool coat and starts singing "Little Lamb". Just then, a shepard puts a crook around Wanda's neck and drags her away.

UK Skit- Rowlf sings "September Song".

Talk Spot- Kermit tries to talk about career beginnings, but Red demands to know why Fozzie is being replaced. Kermit explains that he can't ignore the audience's complaints, but he'll think about it.

"Here is a Muppet Newsflash! Dateline: Athens, Georgia. Saul Moyer was hunting with his dog, Boomer, and something extrordinary happened. We bring you now to Athens."
Red as Saul in monitor- "Well, it was really something. Boomer ran right into a tree, head on, and now he thinks he's a rabbit."
Newsman- "Amazing! Has Boomer's new lifestyle caused you any problems?"
Red- "Sure has! Our local grocery's going bankrupt because of it."
Newsman- "How so, Mr. Moyer?"
Red- "We've had to buy every single carrot in stock to mix in his dogfood".

Backstage- Fozzie begs Kermit for the last time to keep him, but Kermit has already ran out to introduce George.

Monologue By George the Janitor- George tries his best, but the boo's speak for themselves. Red begs Kermit to do something. Kermit runs out, shoves George backstage, and apologizes to the audience. As of next week, Fozzie Bear will return as resident comedian!

Talking Houses

1st House- "My cousin has been having vision troubles lately".
2nd House- "Oh, cataracts?"
1st House- "No, new curtains."

Closing Number- Red and Hilda as servants sing "But In The Morning, No".

Closing Theme

P

Princeton

Soooooooo...?

Anybody care to reply to this one? I really think Red Buttons would've been good on TMS; he was so lovable in "Pete's Dragon". Also, loved his recurring role on "ER" as Mr. Rubinelli.

Gorgon Heap

Reaction score
My favorite parts were Wayne & Wanda and the Talking Houses- surprising how hard those can be to come up with, ya did good. Btw, where's "At the Dance"?

Out of curiosity, why is George made Fozzie's replacement?

Does Red sing with Piggy in his first number, or is he annoyed by her singing, or puzzled, what all is going on exactly?

I don't know all the songs in this one, I'm sorry to say. Heard of all of them except "But in the Morning, No". How does that one go? Also, do Red and Hilda have any employers in this sketch, and if so, who?

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole

Beauregard

Reaction score
I loved the TalkignHouses sketch, it was grand. Also the Wayne and Wanda moment.

P

Princeton

Gorgon Heap said:
My favorite parts were Wayne & Wanda and the Talking Houses- surprising how hard those can be to come up with, ya did good. Btw, where's "At the Dance"?

Out of curiosity, why is George made Fozzie's replacement?

Does Red sing with Piggy in his first number, or is he annoyed by her singing, or puzzled, what all is going on exactly?

I don't know all the songs in this one, I'm sorry to say. Heard of all of them except "But in the Morning, No". How does that one go? Also, do Red and Hilda have any employers in this sketch, and if so, who?

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole
1. I am not very good at writing "At The Dance" sketches. As a writer, I have limits. There are three main components of TMS that I am not good at writing: At The Dance, S&W comments, and PIS.
2.As was aforementioned by Kermit, he can't ignore the complaints of the audience. Plus, Kermit thought that because George is so funny in At The Dance, he's a comedic natural. Of course, given George's grumpy disposition and the audience's reaction to him, Kermit realized that he knew better and gladly gave Fozzie his job back.
3. At first, Red thinks it's a bit odd for somebody to just break into song, but ultimately he joins in.
4. "But In The Morning, No" is from DuBarry Was A Lady. And no employers are featured in the sketch. Here's an excerpt:

Are you fond of poker, dear?
Kindly tell me it's so
Yes, I'm fond of poker, dear
But in the morning, no

BTW, what did you all think of Muppet News? I think I did pretty good on that one.

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
My favourite part was the Muppet Newsflash and yes I did think it was rather well put together.