TMS Season 1 Memories and Looking Ahead

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Yeah I agree, those were fun. :smile: I actually always liked Season 1 least. But after having the DVD for so long, it really grew on me! Lol

Winslow Leach

Reaction score
Put me down as another fan of season 1!:smile: IMO, it was the best season of the show. I'm certainly not saying that the quality dipped in later seasons, 'cause the show definitely got stronger. But if I had to choose, I would pick the first season as my favorite.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Yea after watching both season one and two i think i am more drwan to watch season one. I do love the menus on two though. Animal and Rizo are a good match.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
The only problem I had with Season 1, to be honest, was the constant "I course I could be wrong" jokes. It's just not that funny to me. A joke like that really depends on the context. I do prefer the more "Muppety" humor of the other seasons. :smile:

Telly

Reaction score
I miss the Panel Discussions and when Kermit would talk to the guest stars one-on-one.

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
He does in fact talk to the guest stars by himself during subsequent seasons. But it does tend to slowly peter out by the latter end of the series.

Winslow Leach

Reaction score
One of my favorite bits from season 1 are Fozzie's monologues. Of course these would become a staple, but I thought the season 1 monos were especially funny. Statler & Waldorf were at their best too.

"Ameoba!"

"Sorry, no foreign words!"

"The word is only foreign to you!"

minor muppetz

Reaction score
If the Panel Discussions continued after season one, I think that those sketches would have been great opportunities for J.P. Grosse and Fleet Scribbler to have been used.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Ya know one thing i miss about the Muppet show in general with all old muppet stuff, Exploisions. I never really noticed how big a role Crazy Harry had. Plus just all the difrent explitons and stuff where always fun i thought.

SgtGonzoPepper

Reaction score
Ya know one thing i miss about the Muppet show in general with all old muppet stuff, Exploisions. I never really noticed how big a role Crazy Harry had. Plus just all the difrent explitons and stuff where always fun i thought.
Now I felt like they used Harry a bit more in Season 2 like with his big song and when him and the soilders blew up the targets in nacy walkers :crazy: