1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

TMS Seasons 4 and 5 Petition

Discussion in 'Muppet Merchandise' started by muppetlover123, Sep 24, 2012.

1. muppetlover123

muppetlover123 Well-Known Member

2. Duke Remington

Duke Remington Active Member

If only Ryan Dosier would actually contact Lyelle Brier of The Muppets Studio to ask her why the delay... :cry:
    mupcollector1 likes this.
  3. muppetlover123

muppetlover123 Well-Known Member

4. Mo Frackle

Mo Frackle Well-Known Member

I kind of doubt a petition will work. It's not like the 90s when petitions were rare. Disney probably gets too many by now anyway.
  5. dwayne1115

dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

Well if you don't think that this will work then come up with another plan. To just shut the idea out and not even giving it a chance is not even fair.
  6. Muppet fan 123

Muppet fan 123 Well-Known Member

Please don't blame Ryan Dosier for no reason.
    Firstly, Disney knows we want those seasons on DVD. We don't know what's holding them up. It might be copyright issues.
    So what's the point of Ryan bugging Lyelle Brier and pushing for it? I don't think he wants to ruin his relationship with them for something that they already know.
    So please don't blame Ryan and tell him what to do. You've done that before, and personally, I don't suggest you do. Last time didn't end so well either.
  7. dwayne1115

dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

Telling people what to do in an angry or hostel tone normally dose not work anyways. Have you looked at how many people have singed this in just the time it has been posted it has revived a lot of support. One person writing Disney is not going to work but is a lot of people write them they will have to listen. Dose anyone remember when Disney was going to releases the 50 year Kermit birthday DVD's and they where going to only be in the pan to scan full screen? Fans went crazy on here and other sites saying there would be no way they would buy them if it was only in full screen. Disney soon changed it and that is why they have both on the most recent releases. So I think this might work It is sure getting a lot of response and I know for a fact that Disney dose watch what Ryan dose on the mindset and I'm almost certain they watch what we do on here as well.
  8. Vincent Liu

Vincent Liu Well-Known Member

I signed the petition, and shared it on all of my social accounts.
    Muppet fan 123 likes this.
  9. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

I could care less if we get the DVD's this time... I just want to know the hold up. If its copyright problems, I want them to tell us who the offending copyright holder is so we can scowl at them If it's just a case of not wanting to release season sets, I think we at least want to know.

I agree that bugging Ryan to bug someone else isn't going to help much. If he, of his own accord, decides just to ask in a friendly manner what's going on and we get an answer, that's good. If he doesn't ask or get the answers, that's okay too.

Still, there is no logical reason that this has been on hold for almost 4 years (I've lost count, maybe 5) and NOT to at least address the fans of the problem. Last release, we heard about every little hold up because someone got a hold of someone.
  10. catherine

catherine Active Member

hmm, I also would like to know what is going on with these two releases.
  11. Pinkflower7783

Pinkflower7783 Well-Known Member

I signed it yesterday when Ryan posted it on Facebook. He's a great guy and I'm sure he has his reasons for not asking. Besides like Muppetfan said its not like Disney doesn't know people want seasons 4 and 5. It would be nice if they'd give an actual reason for why its been delayed all this time but...I doubt were gonna get any answers anytime soon.
  12. Convincing John

Convincing John Well-Known Member

Yeah, Disney knows we want 'em! Remember when even Walter requested Disney to release them? (There's a clip of him online requesting them, I think)...

It's gotta be a music rights thing or a "deceased celebrity's estate" thing. I thought about the Star Wars episode, too. Lucas himself wouldn't care if DVDs came out with 30 seconds of C-3PO tap dancing, but some suit at 20th Century Fox says "not so fast!" and pulls out more red tape than Pee Wee Herman pulled out chain to tie up his bike.

I'm in agreement with DrTooth. Whenever we find out who the offending copyright holder is. Then, we can all give them...

I'm just glad Disney's cool with vintage Kermit on Old School Sesame Street sets.
    mupcollector1 and Drtooth like this.
  13. Pinkflower7783

And that's exactly why Disney isn't gonna release such information. I'm sure Disney doesn't not know the money they'd be making by releasing them on DVD. I just think the big reason is copyrights. Otherwise I think they would've been out a long time ago. I'd also like to point out even if Ryan were to ask what was going on I doubt they would tell him much if anything anyways.
  14. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

Fox's ownership of Star Wars is actually quite thin because they had no faith in the movie, and gave Lucas control of the merchandising and licensing. So Lucas would be the one to say yay or nay, and I doubt that would be the case, since Lucas has had a history of working with Henson and Disney. If he wanted all prints expunged for some reason, we probably wouldn't have got the episode on the Columbia/Time Life DVD.

But it has to be celebrity estate or musical rights if that's the hold up. The John Denver estate is sitting on the Muppet specials (he/his estate owns the rights), and I hear that music Michael Jackson partially owned had to be renegotiated in a couple instances of something else, though I'd hate for this to be the case here.

;)

And thanks again for the M.U.S.C.L.E.S.
  15. Animal'sBunny

Animal'sBunny Active Member

I hope this petition works!!!!!! It's an awesome idea!!!!
  16. DarthGonzo

DarthGonzo Active Member

OR maybe maybe it's because Disney doesn't seem to want to release DVD sets of old shows anymore.
  17. Mo Frackle

Mo Frackle Well-Known Member

I think we can rule that out.
  18. Muppet fan 123

Muppet fan 123 Well-Known Member

No, that is not the reason
  19. muppetfan16

muppetfan16 New Member

I always heard it was a big hold-up with the music rights... Regardless of the reason, I hope seasons 4 and 5 come out soon. I expected them to be released when the new movie came out, kind of as a publicity thing. Sadly, that was not the case. So, I hope the petition works! I signed it, and I'm sure gonna tell my sister to sign it, as well!
    Duke Remington likes this.
  20. Pinkflower7783

It's obvious Disney's main focus right now is MCC. All we can do is keep hoping. Although most of that for me has went out the window. :/