To Drtooth

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Maybe I've missed something you've said a while back, but exactly do you hate Abby Cadabby so much? Is it because of the fact that she's a new character, or because that there's the definite possiblity of her becoming the "next Elmo and take over the street", or something else entirely?

Drtooth

Reaction score
I just do not like the character, period. I have nothing against the muppeteer. She's talented. of course, I felt Steffy DiAbruzzo was taletned , but she didn't really have any characters that spoke from her.

The main beef with Abby is, well, I just can't like her. She's pretty obnoxious, and (I don't wanna be that old school favoring guy) but when I think of "Bad Magician" characters, I can only think of Ol' Mumford.

Personally, maybe the problem is that she's new. I hated Zoe at first. And you know why? The character wasn't fully developed. She just did random things that made no sense, but sure enoughm, the more she was on, the more she evolved as a character. Maybe that's Abby's sin. She's still evolving, and as of now, she's still in pupa stage. Plus, when she first appeared, every other word out of her mouth was a catchphrase they were trying out.

So, the truth is you can either say I hate her, or I can't fully think anything much of her. But I've decided to keep an open mind this time. After all, her being in more epiosdes leads to the prospect of her developing quicker. So, I will give her a shot and stop being so... well/.... :grouchy: -y.

Plus, after watching so many episodes of Scrubs, I accidentally picked up Dr. Cox's sarcasm....

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Okay, that explains a lot then. I can see what you mean though, every new character needs room to develope and evolve, so yeah, I see where you're coming from.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Plus, as I said before, her first appearance was mostly catchphrases.

I've said a million times it's tough to make a female character. You either get a bland character with no personality, or one who's a complete female stereotype.