To misspiggy5260, MuppetLover2000, Collgoff, muppetfan24/7, and GopherCoffee

Slackbot

Reaction score
Wow. My first thought on seeing this thread was that it's truly nasty to call people out like this, akin to taking someone up on a stage just so everyone can watch you yell at them.

However...honestly, sometimes extraordinary measures are called for. The people in the title have been misbehaving, and have not taken subtler hints to heart, because they just don't stop or even slow down.

So, guys, if you're in this thread's title, for heaven's sake listen. The people posting here are not trying to tear you up. They are trying to explain your mistakes so you can correct them and we can put all this aggravation behind ourselves. Because, frankly, you've been aggravating a lot of us. What D'snowth and Ed have listed are things that have been bothering many of us.

So please, pay heed, then go forth and sin no more.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Right, and again I want to make sure that it is understood that when we say these things we are not trying to be mean in any way. We all just want a better, happier, and cleaner forum.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Wow. My first thought on seeing this thread was that it's truly nasty to call people out like this, akin to taking someone up on a stage just so everyone can watch you yell at them.

However...honestly, sometimes extraordinary measures are called for.
That's exactly what I said in the other thread in the feedback section; I didn't want to have to go this far, but I, and everybody else, have had it with all of this, and yes, as I said, desperate times called for desperate measures, and if nothing else, all we could do was be more public and direct about it.

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
I like these guys. It gives us something to talk about. :laugh:

But seriously, these one-word and spam conversations drive me up the wall when browsing the forum (most of the people are on my ignore list by now for that reason) but nearly every day for the last few weeks, the only replies on the What's New page were all from "Ignored Member" (and I'm only ignoring about five people...)

I think that's why it's been so quiet here lately. I think this spam has driven everyone out and infested the forum.

It's unfortunate we had to go to measures as to calling them out like that.
We don't expect new members to understand all the rules, and what to post and where to post it, but after asking so many times, there seems to be no choice.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Only five? I've got three... but I think it's sad that at MC, of all places, I have to use the ignore feature at all! We're all about unity and friendship here, we shouldn't have to add people to our ignore lists, but like you, because I've been annoyed by some of the actions of some people, I've had to ignore them.

Now, I'll give ONE of those people the benefit of the doubt, there's one person I haven't called out (and I won't at this point, because that will just add more fuel to the fire) that myself and other people have been annoyed with, but I've noticed this person in particular hasn't been active a whole lot for a while, so yeah.

Teheheman

Reaction score
I think the big problem is that they're young and they probably don't think what they're doing is wrong. Post like this aren't going to encourage them to post more, it'll probably encourage just the opposite. That being said, sometimes, it's good that things like this are posted to set a standard to other posters and newer people who will see this and say "Oh, I guess I shouldn't do this". This is good, but only as the final option.

Daniel

Twisted Tails

Reaction score
Hi, MC members! My name is Colette, but my username is muppetfan24/7. I would like to say a few words.

I saw this thread and I know what I posted was wrong and unjustified.

I'm sorry about those bad things that I done and when I did it again, i was hurting other people. I was also wrong to give other members a hard time. Please forgive me for my false actions.

The punishment I gotten before was that of the dropping of my post count and I feel so awful. Why did i do this? I think I let thid forum down and brought sorrow and shame to everyone.

I am not trying to be prejudice or anything, but I wish there was some way I can contribute in this forum, but I don't how to do it in the right way. So, I'm sorry!

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I'm sorry you feel that way, and in no way are we gossiping about members. In the past, other members and myself have tried to reach out and help the said users, but nothing was happening. Here we have brought things out into the open, and the response so far has been good.
I kind of expected that they did not really realize what they where doing, and for the most part I think I was right.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I don't think your intention is to gossip, but again that's usually what these things turn into.

All I can say is please keep in mind not everyone expressing themselves or communicates in the same way. Maybe it doesn't always keep the forum "nice and clean" but I personally can live with that. You can't just "help" people stop being who they are. Most of the Muppets wouldn't do so well in a structured forum environment either, lol. Sometimes you just have to accept differences and if you can't, you ignore it and move on.

Look if things do get more organized in the future, then great. But if it doesn't right away, please try to be a little patient. There's been far too many users chased way because they didn't quite fit in the mold. That's all I ask.