To misspiggy5260, MuppetLover2000, Collgoff, muppetfan24/7, and GopherCoffee

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
I don't think your intention is to gossip, but again that's usually what these things turn into.

All I can say is please keep in mind not everyone expressing themselves or communicates in the same way. Maybe it doesn't always keep the forum "nice and clean" but I personally can live with that. You can't just "help" people stop being who they are. Most of the Muppets wouldn't do so well in a structured forum environment either, lol. Sometimes you just have to accept differences and if you can't, you ignore it and move on.

Look if things do get more organized in the future, then great. But if it doesn't right away, please try to be a little patient. There's been far too many users chased way because they didn't quite fit in the mold. That's all I ask.
Exactly, Heralde. Seems like there are only about a half of dozen users here that are bothered by it. The rest of us are more tolerant. I'm not sure who gave the keys to the kingdom to these half dozen users that they think they get to choose who posts here and what they post.

galagr

Reaction score
Perhaps some of you don't understand.

Ed has been going into overdrive lately, due to the barrage of trollers, spammers, and these members. These members (aside from GopherCoffee and muppetfan24/7, I never really saw anything wrong with them) have been incessantly posting either one word responses or turning the conversation to an entirely different subject. Ed has been been out of his (as he would say) "batty mind" as of late.

So, we apologize for trying to make his job easier.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Trust us, we're not overracting, we're trying to get you guys to get the message that a curbs needs to be put on some of your behavior around here. If you guys want to converse with one another, take it to your PMs rather than hijack and disrupt a thread by driving it off topic into your own personal conversations, and likewise, one-posts are generally frowned on around here, always have been, long before any of you joined here, if you like a certain post but don't really have anything to add to the discussion other than "Yeah", "Ok", "Lol", "Me too", "Same here", etc., just hit the like button.

That's all we're saying. That's all we've BEEN saying.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I honestly don't why it's hard to get that point across. On any other forum, even the nicer ones, they would be banned as nuisances on their first offense. Or at least bullied off terribly by other members.

There are plenty of sandbox threads here and there, and that's where that stuff goes. They hijacked a memorial thread for nonsense. That's an important point to make. There's nothing, nothing wrong with PMing for a conversation. That's why we have PM's.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I believe that's what Dwayne's been doing, or at least, that's what he said he's been doing.

Drtooth

Reaction score
If it makes you feel any better, Jen, I didn't see a problem with anyone of your's or muppetfan24/7's posts. And, just because your name was mentioned in this thread, does NOT forbid you from posting.
I'd like to also add that I have not experienced any problems (mainly because I don't go to those parts of the forum) with the members mentioned. Other than the Faz memorial thread, anyway. I've no problem with anyone mentioned in the thread title.

I do, however, with the Birthday Emotions Guy, Cory S, the jerkwad who keeps posting links to pirate movies, and that very disturbed individual I shouldn't even mention. They're far, FAR worse problems, and so far The Count has done a good job dealing with them, as overwhelming as they all are to deal with.

Basically, the rules we are trying to establish are these:

1. PLEASE don't bump old threads, unless you have breaking news relating to a project. There shouldn't be any "I can't wait for this movie!" in a thread that is seven years old.

2. If you are going to post, please have it be on topic.
Threads do tend to get off topic. In the worst cases they're totally derailed, and its up to someone to bring it back on its message.

I'll give a #3...

3. It's totally okay to have another thread on a similar subject if you can't find one after pages of forum or accidentally stumbling upon the same story/topic. That happens. But if you start multiple threads on the same subject within weeks of each other and you can still see them on the same page, that's no good.

misspiggy5260

Reaction score
If it makes you feel any better, Jen, I didn't see a problem with anyone of your's or muppetfan24/7's posts. And, just because your name was mentioned in this thread, does NOT forbid you from posting. Basically, the rules we are trying to establish are these:

1. PLEASE don't bump old threads, unless you have breaking news relating to a project. There shouldn't be any "I can't wait for this movie!" in a thread that is seven years old.

2. If you are going to post, please have it be on topic.

Galagr, I feel like the first was sort of directed at me. I'm sorry about the SS movie thread.:oops:

Drtooth

Reaction score
In your defense, that was hardly that old a thread, and was still on "sticky," so it was still completely visible on the first page of the Sesame Street section. Threads aren't closed easily anymore, and the only update we've got was that it wasn't going to happen.

CaseytheMuppet

Reaction score
You know what? This thread HAD to be made! I've messaged MULTIPLE people about this, and they completely ignored me. We wouldn't have had to make a thread like this if it stopped happening. But it didn't. The "accidental" spamming kept going on.

I know some of you on here are still young (heck, I'm only 15), but I find it EXTREMELY immature to call everyone here "haters". This is a freaking Muppet forum. We are a family here, we don't like to start fights.

Now, you may think that this is unfair, but welcome to the real world. You can't always post (or say) whatever you want.

Other forums, like others have said, would haver BANNED you for such nonsense. I think that we a being nice here. Ed (who shouldn't be regarded as "whoever you are") has been nice enough NOT to report you to Phil. I suggest you step up and act as an adult. (Believe it or not, it's not that far off for you.) This isn't Facebook or YouTube, there is no reason to act all high and mighty and call everyone haters and say, "I'm out!"

I'm not trying to gossip AT ALL, I hate that. I hope you can take this in without having another fit.

Let's all be friends here, okay?