1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

to Sseta re: 40 dots sketch (from favorite ss 123 thread)

Discussion in 'Classic Sesame Street' started by BeckyDR, Sep 3, 2002.

1. BeckyDR

BeckyDR Member

I also loved the 40 Dots skech!!!!!!!!! 39...39...39999...400000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 rotfl :)))))))))))))))) I wonder why they don't show it anymore :( well at least we have the memories :) also, I've been studying Russian for the past year (I just finished college this year and studied Russian my last 2 semesters in college) and I can just imagine how the ending would sound in Russian ("tridtsat' devyat (39)...tridtsat' devyat...tridtsaaaaaaaaaaat devyaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat...soroooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooookkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk...") -- you'd need a sound file to really get it :)

btw anybody else here speak Russian? or any other languages? I can speak Spanish fluently (and yes I do watch Plaza Sesamo sometimes), proficient French, and a little of various other languages.

Becky
  2. ssetta

ssetta Active Member

I would assume they stopped it because kids were horrified.
  3. BeckyDR

BeckyDR Member

yeah I guess...

at least not ALL kids were terrified of it :) btw can you speak Russian (well I just taught you how to say 39 and 40 in Russian [from my original post], I mean can you speak any more Russian besides that)? or any other languages? I can speak Spanish fluently, proficient French, and a little of various other languages.
  4. good bye fly

good bye fly New Member

here i am ready to answr becky's question

Now you said ya don't wana badger me with questions but I am going to give ya a truthful answer. It's not that the dots scare me or anything I was scared of the screan going blury and the way the guy shouted forty . I totaly respect the fact that You like it . Back then It was my first time seeing it and after I saw it i promsied I would never lsiten to it again. Unless someone can truely convicie me that the shouting of 40 is not that bad and the person better be spesfic.
  5. BeckyDR

BeckyDR Member

hey littlejerry / good bye fly

I never thought that the actual dots scared you, I was just wondering why you didn't like it (the sketch) and I can definitely imagine how people reacted to that 400000000000000 at the end (and no, that is not 4,000,000..., that is a drawn-out 40 representing the ending of that skit); I know that sometimes I would be doing that sketch to myself while on the bus to school, and when I got to the end I would yell 39-39-39-40 so loud that the driver would nearly have a heart attack!!!!!!!!!!!! yeah I was kind of a bad kid sometimes :). well bye for now.