Tom, Dick, and Harry

punkNpuppets

Reaction score
you guys know that three headed monster on The Muppet Show, the heads names are Tom, Dick, and Harry. isn't it ironic that those are the same names of the 3 main characters on 3rd Rock From The Sun? the the producers of 3rd Rock name the characters after the 3 headed monster?

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Moved it to "Classic Muppets" for you...

Drtooth

Reaction score
Tom, Dick and Harry is actually an old expression. "Every Tom, Dick, and Harry," is another way of saying everybody. As in, "Do you want every Tom, Dick and Harry in on the Plot?"

Hope this helps P an' P!

Beauregard

Reaction score
But don't worry. Not every Tom, Dick, and Harry knows this.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score

Drat. I still haven't seen the Tom, Dick and Harry one yet. I know that's on the Vincent Price episode which is one Volume 5 of Time Life, but when I received them they skipped from Volume 4 to Volume 7. I don't know why they did that?
:confused:

Gorgon Heap

Reaction score
They're not actually named as such in the Vincent Price episode, which puzzled me when I heard their names. They got named in the next episode, the one with Valerie Harper; they're in two backstage scenes in this one, and that expression is used right before they're named.

Gonzo tells Kermit that one of the hecklers from the box is backstage, and he wants to speak to Miss Harper.

Kermit: "I've got a show to do! I can't have every Tom, Dick and Harry coming in here!" (the Three-Headed Monster enters) "Hi Tom! Hi Dick! Hi Harry!" (they exit) "Of course there are exceptions."

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole