Tons of Henson Qs for my final paper

Mongoose

Reaction score
So I am a huge Henson fan, and I've decided to write my 10-15 page research paper on Jim. My only problem is, I do not know what angle to take that hasn't already been taken.

Sure I can easily fill 15 pages full of why Henson was great, but I need something debatable. I've heard alot of rumors that (no please don't flame me, just a question since I can't seem to find anything on the topic myself) that Henson was a homosexual and died of possibly AIDs as opposed to pnemonia. So far my research has led me to believe that thats just an urban legend, but regardless I am interested as to why people would think that in the first place.

What do you guys think?

Maybe information on the controversy that surrounded the Disney/Henson deal, and why its such a unique deal

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Mongoose said:
I've heard alot of rumors that (no please don't flame me, just a question since I can't seem to find anything on the topic myself) that Henson was a homosexual and died of possibly AIDs as opposed to pnemonia. So far my research has led me to believe that thats just an urban legend, but regardless I am interested as to why people would think that in the first place.
Actually, it was Richard Hunt who died of aids. Some fans have speculated that he was a homosexual, but there is no exact evidence of this.

I have recently read a post at the Tough Pigs message board from somebody who thinks that Jim Henson was actually left-handed, but performed right-handed. But again, there is no exact proof of this (though I do know of three times when Kermit used his right hand instead of his left hand).

Mongoose

Reaction score
That makes alot more sense (Hunt). Well maybe I put that wrong, I meant that explains why there is a lack of information/speculation (other than the urban legend that Ernie was going to be killed off via AIDS "morroring" Henson's cause of death)

Ive heard the left-handed rumor before, very interesting.

Im thinking about taking my paper into the direction of the intents of Jim selling Muppets Inc to Disney, as opposed to a working relationship.

scarylarrywolf

Reaction score
Isn't it pretty obvious to tell just by looking at Kermit which hand Jim used? I mean, you can see the knuckles in the back of his head and a bulge in one side of his throat. I think Jim was right handed.

Plus there is footage of him in "The World of Jim Henson" sketching a puppet for Don Sahlin, and I think he uses his right hand.

There's no need for that to be a mystery.