Tony Randall dies

dbarrie

Reaction score
FYI

http://et.tv.yahoo.com/newslink/#l1

TONY RANDALL: 1920-2004
May 18, 2004

TONY RANDALL, famous for playing finicky Felix Unger in the TV series, "The Odd Couple," died on Monday at the age of 84. According to his spokesperson, Randall passed away in his sleep at the NYU Medical Center, his wife HEATHER was at his side. While he will always be remembered for his TV roles, Randall had a successful career on the stage and big screen as well. His breakthrough role came in 1957 in 'Will Success Spoil Rock Hunter?' co-starring the buxom JAYNE MANSFIELD. Randall was also a standard fixture in the romantic comedies of ROCK HUDSON and DORIS DAY. His other TV series included "One Man's Family," "Mr. Peepers," "The Tony Randall Show" and "Love, Sidney." Randall was married for 54 years to FLORENCE until her death in 1992. He then wed Heather, 34, in 1995. The couple have two children, 7-year-old JULIA and 5-year-old JEFFERSON.

McFraggle

Reaction score
I always did like Tony Randall, after watching old reruns of the Odd Couple. Tony was a very gifted actor and he and Jack Klugman played wonderfully off of each other. RIP Tony.

dbarrie

Reaction score
Yeah, he was cool. I used to watch The Odd Couple sometimes as a kid. I also liked how he used his celebrity to speak out against smoking in public places. Hopefully CTS will broadcast his TMS episode soon.

For those of you in Canada, the Biography Channel (Digital Cable 130) is re-airing his Biography this Thursday at 11 AM ET and at 4 PM ET. This was listed on the channel's schedule before he died, so the timing of its airing is coincidental.

OI MuppetFan

JaniceFerSure

Reaction score
God Bless Tony Randall.He brought so many laughs to so many people.I remember him on so many tv shows(TMS,Odd Couple,just to name a few).He will truly & deeply be missed. :cry:

Manda:-D

Reaction score
Oh my gosh, I hadn't heard anything about this....Tony Randall was such a funny, funny man...I loved him in nearly everything he did. He'll be missed. :frown: