Too old for Sesame Street

wwfpooh

Reaction score
Well, one cannot really blame Kevin or the Elmo character for the character's surge in popularity.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Add in the annoyance of Elmo asking an infant about things no baby even understands, let alone knows about in detail...like feet. The only things babies know about feet are that they are body parts, that they may smell, and that they are sometimes--in the case of the babies themselves--something to suckle or chew on. XD
I've said it a million times... but they could cut out roughly half of Elmo's world, it would still have the effect it has, and still draw in the Elmo fanatic kids.

Things to keep: Mr. Noodle (but halfed), Elmo's Mail, The _______ channel, wanna talk to a _________? the section with a real life kid using object or working with subject, "tickle Me Land".

Things to chuck: Talking to a Baby, the "what ________ and what doesn't" (or can be halfed), the __________ song, the random counting of objects.

See, that's gotta be at least 5 minutes of dead weight right there.

I do admit sometimes when I watch SS, I say to myself, I'm getting too old for this."

wwfpooh

Reaction score
Things to chuck: Talking to a Baby, the "what ________ and what doesn't" (or can be halfed), the __________ song, the random counting of objects.

See, that's gotta be at least 5 minutes of dead weight right there
But the fact that children of today seemingly like the package--even with the dead weight tacked on--shows how the show's changed since our days of watching it.

Redsonga

Reaction score
But the fact that children of today seemingly like the package--even with the dead weight tacked on--shows how the show's changed since our days of watching it.
I dunno, just because they've gotten use to it does not suddenly make it a good show though.. I love candy, but eating nothing but it would be bad for me :coy:

wwfpooh

Reaction score
I dunno, just because they've gotten use to it does not suddenly make it a good show though
And I never said it did. But, if they accept it, then it's probably here to stay, whether we like it or not.

Redsonga

Reaction score
And I never said it did. But, if they accept it, then it's probably here to stay, whether we like it or not.
Mhh..but who is to say they would not like something different even more ? :smile:

Redsonga

Reaction score
People dislike change, even though it's the one constant of life.
I think that it's that they are afraid of losing money :sympathy:. But things were fine when Big Bird was the main character to:smile: