Toon Disney... someone's gonna get TICKED

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
Hmmm, a gender division channel? Well, I guess Toon Disney was sort of going into more the superhero direction anyway, but you could still find other cartoons if you knew when to look. This change seems kind of needless to me, and as I said before, kind of exclusive. Are there any plans in the works for a girls' channel?
:smile:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Hmmm, a gender division channel? Well, I guess Toon Disney was sort of going into more the superhero direction anyway, but you could still find other cartoons if you knew when to look. This change seems kind of needless to me, and as I said before, kind of exclusive. Are there any plans in the works for a girls' channel?
:smile:
I'm not even gonna bother saying anything. But let's not forget that Disney was purged out of everything save for girl focus and make a buck off of preschool shows. I don't have cable, and I don't think I give a rat's fez about it right now. This was bound to happen, anyway.

I just wish we had a TRUE Jetix TV channel in the US. The stuff they air... We would have seen Gadget and the Gadetinis in the US.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I found out about this a few months ago. I'm so aggravated. Toon Disney as practically fine when I got it two years ago, but now it's going downhill. Same goes from Nicktoons Network.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
That's disturbing. First of all it's teaching kids gender stereotypes, and to keep boys and girls separate. And we wonder why there is still so much trouble between men and women relationships! Boys are taught girls aren't worth their time ( I worked in summer camps, I know, lol).

Vic Romano

Reaction score
I really don't see a problem with this at all. I mean, when I was a kid, boys played with G.I. Joe and girls played with Barbies. He-Man was targeted for boys and Rainbow Brite was targeted for girls. This just eliminates changing the channel. I wish there was something like this when I was a kid.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I really don't see a problem with this at all. I mean, when I was a kid, boys played with G.I. Joe and girls played with Barbies. He-Man was targeted for boys and Rainbow Brite was targeted for girls. This just eliminates changing the channel. I wish there was something like this when I was a kid.
Right and there's nothing wrong with that. :smile: It's just that there are a lot of girls for instance who enjoy "boy" things and are ridiculed their whole childhood for it. Or girls who want to play with boys and are rejected. Society is cruel to people who do things differently. That's all I'm worried about.

Erine81981

Reaction score
I agree with you too Dave. To me i didn't get to see Toon Disney till we got our Dish Network which was in 2000 but i didn't really care that much in watching it. So to me this really doesn't bother me at all. So sorry to everyone who grew up with Toon Disney back when it first came out.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I'm just worried about what the "girl" programming might be...

Erine81981

Reaction score
Right and there's nothing wrong with that. :smile: It's just that there are a lot of girls for instance who enjoy "boy" things and are ridiculed their whole childhood for it. Or girls who want to play with boys and are rejected. Society is cruel to people who do things differently. That's all I'm worried about.
I can see where your coming from Heralde. I know back in the 80's i really enjoyed the movie "Rainbow Bright" just because she to me was cute and i really loved her fuzzy friends. Can't think of their names but i understand. I have a neice who loves Power Rangers (i don't know if she still does) but she told me that at school she would be not picked on but pretty much told, "That's a boy show. Why not go watch Hanna Montana." Even tho she watched that too. But maybe something will come up. Just hope is all.