Toon Disney... someone's gonna get TICKED

Drtooth

Reaction score
That's disturbing. First of all it's teaching kids gender stereotypes, and to keep boys and girls separate. And we wonder why there is still so much trouble between men and women relationships! Boys are taught girls aren't worth their time ( I worked in summer camps, I know, lol).
I understand where you're coming from. But this clearly is a move to off set the fact that TDC is nothing more but a tweenage girl hormone fest (with a morning break to go after those Nick Jr. bucks). They just took Toon Disney, kept it on the slope it was going, and slapped a shiny new label. And as long as they don't find some minus minded way to make it 48 episodes of Zak and Cody every day, it's not all that bad.

Disney has forgotten what it was, where it came from, and it has the same old soup with a new can to look forward until the fad of interchangeable pop stars dries up. And the stockholders are too drunk off the success of overrated junk that's pulling in the big bucks to notice Bob Igor is just as bad, if not worse than Eisner. No wonder he named him as his replacement. Dude wanted revenge.

But the girl boy thing has been around forever. McDonalds does it all the time. Offering a boy toy and a girl toy (I really liked Burger King's DBZ/Powerpuff Girl bit... you got BOTH toys) almost every promotion lately. it sucks and all, but there seems to be less and less common ground with boys and girls due to the widening gap in kid's programming. Look at Spongebob, and how he transcends gender for appeal. Too bad there hasn't been another Spongebob, and everyone's scared spitless of any cartoon tie ins with anything (Where's my Chowder Kid's Meal promo? I'd even settle for Flapjack).

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I can see where your coming from Heralde. I know back in the 80's i really enjoyed the movie "Rainbow Bright" just because she to me was cute and i really loved her fuzzy friends. Can't think of their names but i understand. I have a neice who loves Power Rangers (i don't know if she still does) but she told me that at school she would be not picked on but pretty much told, "That's a boy show. Why not go watch Hanna Montana." Even tho she watched that too. But maybe something will come up. Just hope is all.
Yeah that's exactly what I'm talking about. Kids are not sympathetic to kids who go outside the norm, and their parents sometimes make it worse by encouraging it. But you're right, something good may come along in time. :smile:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
But the girl boy thing has been around forever. McDonalds does it all the time. Offering a boy toy and a girl toy (I really liked Burger King's DBZ/Powerpuff Girl bit... you got BOTH toys) almost every promotion lately. it sucks and all, but there seems to be less and less common ground with boys and girls due to the widening gap in kid's programming. Look at Spongebob, and how he transcends gender for appeal. Too bad there hasn't been another Spongebob, and everyone's scared spitless of any cartoon tie ins with anything (Where's my Chowder Kid's Meal promo? I'd even settle for Flapjack).
Yeah and while I rarely wanted the boy toy, I hated the idea of having to settle for the girl toy, lol. I also worked at a camp where boys and girls were separate the whole time. In Art class, boys made shields and girls made flower baskets (seriously!). Some of the girls wanted to make shields too but we couldn't let them!

Vic Romano

Reaction score
Right and there's nothing wrong with that. :smile: It's just that there are a lot of girls for instance who enjoy "boy" things and are ridiculed their whole childhood for it. Or girls who want to play with boys and are rejected. Society is cruel to people who do things differently. That's all I'm worried about.
Fair enough. I was ridiculed as a kid for playing with dolls because that's what other kids viewed the Muppets as. Kids are generally cruel to those who are different, but it's all character building IMO.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Kids are generally cruel to those who are different, but it's all character building IMO.
Oh I definitely agree, it's how you become tough and competent in life which is important. It's just that I'm seeing boys (not all obviously hehe) really having no connection to girls and ignoring their Moms as kids, then not having good relationships later in life. They see girls as only liking princessy things and being irrelevant.

I'm sorry for harping, there's just so much going on right now, lol.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Yeah and while I rarely wanted the boy toy, I hated the idea of having to settle for the girl toy, lol.
Personally, I hated them both. If I wanted a Hot Wheels so bad, I could go to any given store and just buy one. I do like how they've gotten creative and had TMNT for boys and Wizard of Oz for girls.... But that's not importatn right now.

I really hope they can keep the animation around. I hate this new move against animation. Hey, anyone know what happened to that thing with the cartoonist kid and the cartoon characters that turned into an uninspired Saved By The Bell knockoff? I'm glad the new Transformers has so much buzz behind it. Toy commercial or not, at Least it's a cartoon. And Weird Al was in an episode.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Personally, I hated them both. If I wanted a Hot Wheels so bad, I could go to any given store and just buy one. I do like how they've gotten creative and had TMNT for boys and Wizard of Oz for girls.... But that's not importatn right now.
Lol, yeah it was ALWAYS Hot Wheels and Mini Barbies, lol. Personally, I would have asked my Dad to pay extra and get both the TMNT and Wizard of Oz, hehe. Probably wouldn't have happened though, hehe.

Colbynfriends

Reaction score
Even though I'm sad that Toon Disney is going to "go bye-bye" (sorry couldn't resisit :halo:) I'm not surprised. man, I remember when I first watched it, Sonic the Heghog, Teacher's Pet, Goof Troop, Talespin, Chip n' Dale, and everything else was still on there. Then Jedix came, and you know the rest. Well, aatleast when the name change comes, I won't get upset because Zack and Cody are on there (don't get me wrong though, I do sort of like that show) because its not a cartoon. I also hope they will extend their schedual for more shows, because I would hate if they showed all those eight shows all the time.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Ungh! Why does this have to happen to every channel? And this is exactly the opposite of what I thought might be a better way to axe ToonDisney altogether. Since they brought in those two Disney Channel shows which I will refrain from naming in hopes of keeping this civil... If that had been left alone on the original Dis Channel, then ToonDisney could've been turned into a solid Jettix channel instead. Well, looks like that will be the case, now I have to hunt it down. I find it funny they list BTAS as a rerun show to be kept in the lineup because that's no longer airing as of right now. So I'll have to find the new home for Power Rangers RPM, Yin-Yang-Yo, and some others I enjoy. TV just can't seem to pull its collective boobtubes out of the boobs who are running the networks anymore. Already lost Smackdown to MyNetwork which isn't included in my current cable package, and if more of this keeps happening I'll sign up for Drtooth's petition to have an untouched all-animation station.

*Ptooey! :attitude:

Erine81981

Reaction score
Vic Romano said:
Fair enough. I was ridiculed as a kid for playing with dolls because that's what other kids viewed the Muppets as. Kids are generally cruel to those who are different, but it's all character building IMO.
I hear you on that. I used to carry around lots of stuff toys which were to others dolls. I hate to kinda go off course here but before Halloween of this year. My sister was asking me if i wanted to help out in the New Haunted House and i said, "Halloween just isn't like it used to be. I just don't care for any thing expect for maybe candy and watching some of the older Specials." My mom over heard that and said "But you still have stuffed toys all over your room you won't get rid of." And it really made me mad. I don't play with any of the stuffed toys i buy because to me they are collectible and don't want to ruin them. But sorry to have gone astray.